Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-20-2002, 09:32 AM

Default Burning question

Hi,
I've burned on a cd a 40 mn bounce. What i want is to have differents index track at diiferent moment of the bounce.
I've tried with some softwares as waveburner, or jam but it never worked. With waveburner i can put a track index with the time setting at 0, but it will always play the cd with a little silence when each track is beginning.
Is there a way to do that ? Or do i have to cut the bounce into separate parts ??

thanks
Old 02-21-2002, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Burning question

Mik,
I'm not sure I fully understand your question.
1) Do you mean that with a Waveburner authored CD, the audio, if played from begining to end, will pause as it gets to each index?
2)Or are you saying that if you randomly select different tracks, there is a pause before the selected index plays?

If the question is 1, Materlist CD will allow you to insert track points in one long file without disrupting your playback. If it is 2, then any CD player takes time to find a location before playing a selection. If you need instant playback, then you need to find a CD player with a RAM buffer. I believe you will still get a pause as the head searches for the begining of the track and fills the buffer.
Hope this helps,
Yorik
Old 02-23-2002, 04:10 AM

Yorik,
thanks for your time and excuse my frenchy english..
well, it was the first point that i was trying to do..So i have to try MLCD that i don't like a lot. I was surprised that jam didn't do that and was sure that it is more complete than MLCD.
By the way, i noticed one thing about burning software : I have at home a really brand new poor DVD/CD...player, bluesky 2210S ; each CD burned with Toast and even Waveburner at any speed has some "clicks" in this player, only jam makes good cd for this player. Don't know if it's because of the red or orange label, but that's why i use jam now.
Did you notice something like that with MLCD ?
Old 02-23-2002, 08:29 AM

Clicks in the audio? Seems more hardware related. Try a different brand of CD-R. There may also be something wrong with your writer.

Since you are French, you may or may not be aware of the pun you made with the title of your post. I guess you had a "burning" question. In any case it was clever and amusing.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:53 PM

I use waveburner constantly and it does not put silences or any other audio effect when
index's are placed anywhere. You must have another problem.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:02 PM

well, Corey Shay, unfortunatly, i'm not the clever guy who think about the two meanings of burning. But i like the idea..there must be something like an insconcious way to call for looks of what i'm saying..(this sentence doesn't appears to me very english, but perhaps that says something great !! : )
About the "clicks", i was really amazing myself to hear them !! Because i'm using the same yamaha 6416S burner for a while, and i never find any problems. It arrived only with my very cheap new CD player : those cds can be listened easily with no clicks on any other cd player !!
I try a lot of things as changing media, speed...nothing to do except when i stop to use toast and try jam..then clicks disapeared and my faith on jam grown...

JGuth, i'm not sure that we are talking about the same index. I'm not talking about index that i can put on the same track but index track wich make the cd player playing a new track. Tell me if i'm wrong : in jam i have to put a track index (red ones) then set the lengh to zero to theorically have a smooth playback with no "respiration" between tracks..it never happens for me. The only way i find is to cut the bounce then set the the lengh between the the tracks to zero. I have to try that with MLCD...