Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Import I/O settings problem?

Everytime I choose import I/O settings it totally screws up the routing. No matter if I choose "leave existing.... or delete...." it still creates my imported channels but leaves the existing meaning that there are identical. Therefore when I try to exit out it won't let me because there are duplicate tracks...
Old 04-03-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Import I/O settings problem?

De-assign all input and output including buss's for a new set of I/O's.
Re assignment will be required.
If you keep your old (No de-assignment) then you'll need to de-select any overlaps from the new set.

If your just looking for more buss or output assignments the select "Default" in the I/O settings and all I/O not present will show up.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Import I/O settings problem?

I also think that the I/O import implementation is quite messy and could be improved in many ways. Always creating duplicates is a drag. What if I wan't to use my own I/O setup on premix coming from elsewhere. Haven't been able to figure out a good way of doing that yet.

-Robert