Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-28-2018, 10:10 AM

Default workspace browser problems

We're in PT 12.6 running on Mac OS (Low) Sierra. The search in the workspace database isn't working. For example, I navigate to a folder which clearly contains a file called " BOING.wav" and then I search for "boing" and find zero results.

Search is working find in other folders, but there's one (which contains all of our converted .sd2 files) that refuses to search. I can search from the finder and find the file, but we both prefer to work from the workspace browser.

Is there a way to trash this database and rebuild it? Any other ideas?
Old 06-28-2018, 03:50 PM

Default Re: workspace browser problems

I left the workspace browser open to the folder giving us the problems, hoping it would do some database work, but it has not made any difference. Perhaps I'll try copying those files to a different folder and navigating to that one in the workspace browser...?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:57 AM

Default Re: workspace browser problems

Hey man, I have got the same problem and I was wondering if you found a solution to that?

I definitely know that the file I am looking for is there, but for some reason workspace browser does not see it or search for it at all... What helped me once was trashing workspace preferences file, although, after 5 days it started to be blind on many files again. I have not touched any options but for some reason it just not showing them up, whereas finder is doing fine with it.

I have tried to restart computer, restart my Raid, but nothing helps. And I also don't want to trash my Workspace file every week and then re-index the whole drive again and again.

Is there any solution for that?

Cheers!