Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Default Audio imported with video is 1 frame early

Hi, I'm having this little issue with video from 1 particular production house I work with. I don't think it is a Pro Tools issue, rather something on their end but thought I'd ask if anyone else has come across it?

If I import a video with the audio, the audio is 1 frame earlier than in the accompanying omf. If I import just the audio from the video, Pro Tools converts it and it appears in sync with the omf on the timeline. They are making their video with AAC audio so I thought that might be the cause, but this morning worked on something from a different client which also had AAC audio on the video and everything was in sync where it should be.

They both edit on Premiere, but the client I'm having the problem with also goes to after effects for some other stuff and exports everything from there.
I'm on PTHD 12.8.1 windows 10.
Anyone else come across this issue? It seems to be caused by something on their end but what..? I can work around it but would like to find the cause..
THanks