Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

I wouldn't go so far as to say laughable.... the problem is he makes stuff that I like and stuff that sounds good.

Which leads me to put up with all of the other mess, I mean VCC group presets was never fixed !!! (To the day, and I got that plug in 2008/2009 ish)

a long-standing issue that never got addressed but I like the sound of it so much that I dealt with it

it is what it is, I think we would actually have more progress talking about that gun to our heads that is avid's subscription plan and whether it will work for everybody or not
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
Still frustrating to load BlueCat's MB7 and the VST version of VCC. Alt+drag copying to all the tracks usually results in several crashes along the way. Once they're in, the session loads and works as it should. I heard there was better luck with the AU, but I don't get a GUI. I keep looking to see if I have the latest since I see the date is October 2011.

VMR was announced over a year ago, and I wanted it then. To have to wait and wait is again frustrating - but I know, I'll get it when it's done.

Now I'm up against Avid's gun to my head for $199 if I want to continue running/upgrading PT11 even though I already PAID for PT11.

Whatever - just do what you do Mr. Slate and make it so.

You don't have to give avid any money now if you already have pt11. There are some upgrades that will only be available until the end of the year. Like m-powered and LE. Not sure exactly what. But those of us that already own 11 have a while. I think the end of 2015 has been mentioned. But at least until the next big version is released.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
Still frustrating to load BlueCat's MB7 and the VST version of VCC. Alt+drag copying to all the tracks usually results in several crashes along the way. Once they're in, the session loads and works as it should. I heard there was better luck with the AU, but I don't get a GUI. I keep looking to see if I have the latest since I see the date is October 2011.

VMR was announced over a year ago, and I wanted it then. To have to wait and wait is again frustrating - but I know, I'll get it when it's done.

Now I'm up against Avid's gun to my head for $199 if I want to continue running/upgrading PT11 even though I already PAID for PT11.

Whatever - just do what you do Mr. Slate and make it so.
Wombat ... everyone else ... are you seeing my profile photo on this post of Wombat's?

That's what I'm seeing here .... weird or what ... Just for clarity, Wombat and myself are two different people (and I'm the copyright holder of that rubbish photo) ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-12-2014, 02:53 AM

Wow ... something strange is going on ... just made the previous post and a different profile pic (a logo with the word QUOTE in capitals on it) appears instead of my photo ....

And it says I'm now a moderator too!

Thanks for the promotion, but I did ask for or get offered that upgrade?

Guess there are problems with the DUC's underlying database ... some data corruption happening.

It's happening retrospectively to previous posts I've made, so deginitely something screwed up either in the data, or in the SQL or whatever is used to drag the data onto the screen.

I also notice changes to the logos bottom right of posts, eg for quoting that post in a new post, so some updating is definitely going on.

Real mods ... can you Avid check into this please ;-)
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 AM

Nigel, are you still seeing this? From my end it all looks clean.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-12-2014, 07:54 AM

Tom,

Went to studio, checked on Mac Pro, all well. Then checked iPad and all well there too. Guess it corrected itself when changing networks caused a refresh.

Wish I'd photographed the iPad so people could see it.

The quote button at bottom right of posts had become my profile pic. Other people's profile pics were fine apart from Wombat who had my profile pic. I was also showing up as a Mod, with the proper Mod icon there next to my name.

Bizarre or what !

And no, I don't to cut down on my meds/alcohol/drugs or catch up on my sleep ;-)

Anyway, all's well now.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Good to know. Thanks Nigel.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Wombat ... everyone else ... are you seeing my profile photo on this post of Wombat's?

That's what I'm seeing here .... weird or what ... Just for clarity, Wombat and myself are two different people (and I'm the copyright holder of that rubbish photo) ;-)
This is probably pretty hard to prove as no one has seen us in the same place at the same time. Sorry for temporarily breaking the Internet ... again.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:39 AM

Well today's the day.

I hope to hear all the early reviews on this. Right here.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 AM

Ha!