Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I said the same thing x amount of posts/pages back.

I totally agree. You want us to pay a yearly fee? Sure thing. Deliver the goods and I don’t have an issue.

You want us to pay up front on the promise that you’ll deliver the goods and then don’t? Hmmmm... Something’s missing.
This is my feeling as well. I have no problem paying yearly to keep up my license. I don't even mind the price increase, in theory. It still comes in as a reasonable expense for my business. My only gripe is we are not seeing the kind of lively development we were led to expect, in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOZ View Post
Let's not give Avid any more excuses. We need to hold them to their words. There is a lot of Excuses in this thread for Avid to use. My money has a Vote. If by December 30th I'm not Happy; I will wait 2 years to get back on.
Well said!
Old 09-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
My only gripe is we are not seeing the kind of lively development we were led to expect, in my opinion.
It's not just your opinion, it's the opinion of nearly all, and when those standouts allow themselves to speak their minds (instead of spouting the fuel of their ulterior motives) it becomes everyone's opinion. No one truly prefers stagnant feature implementation any more than they'd prefer an uglier wife. What you say in public isn't the same as what you think in private.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
It's not just your opinion, it's the opinion of nearly all, and when those standouts allow themselves to speak their minds (instead of spouting the fuel of their ulterior motives) it becomes everyone's opinion. No one truly prefers stagnant feature implementation any more than they'd prefer an uglier wife. What you say in public isn't the same as what you think in private.
I'd like to believe that but in every thread that someone post's about their dissatisfaction someone else will come to Avids defense and it usually spirals downhill from there.

Apparently there are some that prefer an uglier wife.
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Software as a Service
Thanks JFreak!

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 09-13-2019, 04:49 PM

I think the majority of us are still with Avid, well not Avid, but Pro Tools because there is no other system that offers .7ms RTL like an HDX system does. I've looked at all the options and there just isn't such a beast. So basically my subscription plan is to keep me current so I can update my OS within a reasonable amount of time 6-8 months after release and use HDX.

I do enjoy using Pro Tools software, I am still annoyed at the inability of Pro Tools to use all of a host's native power to run plugs. Avid needs to figure out how to tap into the raw power of these multi-core machines. With the new Mac Pro coming out, there is no excuse for Pro Tools to ever run out of CPU power. That is the one thing I think Avid needs to heavily invest engineering hours on. It is one thing to run out of voices, but to run out of CPU power on a massively powerful computer way before you run out of voices is unacceptable. If they fix nothing else but this, I'm a happy camper.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Yeah like the prompts you get whilst installing a new Waves plug, that ask you if you want to include the current updates not apparently installed, and you take the install updates later option only to find when you go back to find these apparent updates no longer exists.... perhaps they didn’t exist in the first place..... perhaps they are imaginary updates..... yup gotta love those Waves updates.
This is nonsense.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:46 PM

We probably won't see an update till after Catalina arrives. Hopefully they qualify 2019.6 with it as well. Otherwise, I'm PARKED parked.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
I think the majority of us are still with Avid, well not Avid, but Pro Tools because there is no other system that offers .7ms RTL like an HDX system does. I've looked at all the options and there just isn't such a beast.
Studio One with the Quantum is close at 32 samples and even better at 16 samples but on my system 32 seems to be the practical limit. With a more powerful machine 16 wouldn't be a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s1.jpg (25.8 KB, 0 views)
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsexton View Post
Studio One with the Quantum is close at 32 samples and even better at 16 samples but on my system 32 seems to be the practical limit. With a more powerful machine 16 wouldn't be a problem.

You need to add the input and output latency to compare RTL. When you do that, you’re at 3 times the quoted HDX figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk