Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Default source-elements.com/Source-Connect

hey guys,

we´re planing to implement "source connect" for recording native-speakers all over the world into our sessions.
so there´re two points i can´t really figure out:

- does the talent also need to have source connect installed on his computer?

- the minus on "source connect" is that the speaker must have pro tools at his place/studio etc...??

i can´t expect that everyone has PT LE/mpowered etc. installed on their computers.. or consult any studios which have PT..!
so if PRO TOOLS FREE were compatible with Source-Connect i could rather confront speakers with installing pro tools on their computers. if there´s the need for source-connect being installed on both sides it would anyway be to expensive...

but if it´s not - this would also be a good and important point for digidesign to update PT FREE.

any opinions??

sorry for bad english...

greets
Old 10-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: source-elements.com/Source-Connect

Quote:
YES

Quote:
- the minus on "source connect" is that the speaker must have pro tools at his place/studio etc...??
YES
Old 10-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Yes and Pro Tools

Quote:
While you are correct, any other system will require some specific Hardware/Software. The advantage of Source Connect/PT (either LE or TDM) it is a very small investment compared to ISDN and Encoder/decoder boxes let alone the Phone connection costs. An LE system is inexpensive, easy to setup and use, cross platform and does the job very well.

Quote:

i can´t expect that everyone has PT LE/mpowered etc. installed on their computers.. or consult any studios which have PT..!
so if PRO TOOLS FREE were compatible with Source-Connect i could rather confront speakers with installing pro tools on their computers. if there´s the need for source-connect being installed on both sides it would anyway be to expensive...

but if it´s not - this would also be a good and important point for digidesign to update PT FREE.

any opinions??

sorry for bad english...

greets
As I suggest it is not too much to ask talent or people who wish to use Source connect yo buy into PT LE as a minimum.

Hope this helps
Simon L.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:16 AM

thanks for opinions guys!