Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Default Session wont open... I suspect its Altiverb

Ok so I think I have tracked the problem with the session having 3 instances of Altiverb 4.2sec. I can import the tracks one by one and I can use all three instances of the plugins but when i save and open the session it fails to open and I have to rebuild the session again track by track. As far as I can tell it activates 1 instance then on the second insert of the plugin the computer goes into a beach ball of death.

Sometimes I get an error saying connection with Expansion chassis lost, sometimes I get "WaitForHostStatusBit failed"

I have updated Altiverb to the latest 6.14, and Protools 7.4 cs3 on Tiger 10.4.11

Im running HD Core in Expansion chassis, with 3 Accel Cards and an additional process card on 7.4cs3 Mac Pro with 8 gig of ram.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Session wont open... I suspect its Altiverb

Just to help identify the problem and keep yourself from getting into a similar situation again, have you tried building a new, basic session and then instanciating 3 Altiverbs, saving, and then reloading to see if it causes the same problem?

Also, have you tried Digitest to make sure all your cards are working properly?

If you find that it is Altiverb, make sure to communicate with AudioEase on this. They're pretty responsive.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Just to help identify the problem and keep yourself from getting into a similar situation again, have you tried building a new, basic session and then instanciating 3 Altiverbs, saving, and then reloading to see if it causes the same problem?

- Thats exactly what i did, and for two seperate sessions im having the same problem.

Also, have you tried Digitest to make sure all your cards are working properly?

- no but every other session im running is fine. However I will check

If you find that it is Altiverb, make sure to communicate with AudioEase on this. They're pretty responsive.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 PM

ok so now i managed to get one of the sessions open HOWEVER the Waves L3-LL sitting on the master fader failed to load and I just got an error saying Hardware connection to Expansion HD has been lost. After ProTools shutsdown please check that all cables are properly connected.

then i have to save and quit.

Digitest PASSED
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 PM

then i get
wmDSP
TDMFlag Error on DSP

HIDE WARNINGS / CONTINUE

nice...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 AM

anyone?? Digi any ideas whats going on? Is there an issue with Waves 5.9.7 and Altiverb 6.1.4?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:37 AM

Hi,

what happens if you convert Altiverb TDM plugs to RTAS? - Does that take care of the problem?

Do you by any chance have ANY bombfactory TDM plugs instantiated which also have a side chain enabled?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM

2 or more instances with ALtiverb TDM will cause it to crash go back to 6.1 or 6.0
Happens on my 7 card system I only have a G5 2.5 so I have no room as all my RTAS only plug-ins eat up all my DSP very fast
Altiverb TDM is flakey and Audioease refues to ackknowledge them problem. I get zero response from tech support from them on this issue. They tell me I am the only one it's happneing to. But I am able to reproduce the bug 100 %
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Hi,

what happens if you convert Altiverb TDM plugs to RTAS? - Does that take care of the problem?

- no way i can use RTAS, too much delay.

Do you by any chance have ANY bombfactory TDM plugs instantiated which also have a side chain enabled?
- nope
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
2 or more instances with ALtiverb TDM will cause it to crash go back to 6.1 or 6.0
Happens on my 7 card system I only have a G5 2.5 so I have no room as all my RTAS only plug-ins eat up all my DSP very fast
Altiverb TDM is flakey and Audioease refues to ackknowledge them problem. I get zero response from tech support from them on this issue. They tell me I am the only one it's happneing to. But I am able to reproduce the bug 100 %
will try to roll back, but my patience has ran out so ill just use another verb. You right it only happens when two or more instances of Altiverb is running.

Very Frustrating as Altiverb has some amazing IR's!!

M