Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Syncing MV 8k w/ PT or vice versa

I made a thread a while back and someone let me know how, but it didn't work....since then I've tried to get help in that thread but no one will even look in it. So I am making a new one. Do I need the MV-OP-1 expansion to sync my MV-8000 with pro tools? Rigtht now I only have the 2 stock outputs. Also when I created a new midi source it doesn't show up in the menu....how can i get it to do so?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Syncing MV 8k w/ PT or vice versa

NOBODY?!?!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:31 AM

NOBODY?!?!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:12 AM

what's up mookhustle.... I never checked back to see if you still needed help with this. I had assumed that since you said my post was "very informative" that it had solved all your problems. ' just stumbled across your new post. I'm not sure exactly why it still doesn't work. The only thing I can thimk of is that the first version of the mv8k's OS didn't have a slave mode for MBC, so just be sure you have the updated OS. Otherwise, the expansion doesn't have anything to do with the sync features... it's strictly audio expansion.
The last option I can think of is that you may have a corrupted midi driver for the 002. I recently had this problem. My system was fine and from one day to the next... MBC stopped working. It frustrated me for a few days untill I finally just uninstalled PT and reinstalled it. If you want to try this... be sure that you uninstall from the PT install disk as opposed to just trashing the Digidesign folder in apps. When it asks if you want to do a "clean" or a "safe" uninstall"... select clean. Your going to need your Passkey again after you reinstall. Let me know if you still have problems... you've got me curious to see what the solution is.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:04 AM

I did what you said...It works now. BUT...the beat I am transfering to PT has 5 tracks (hats, bass, kick...etc) and when i recorded the first track (Hats) I soloed it on the MV and it worked great. But then I soloed the second track (Clap) I don't hear the clap and it doesn't record anything. I still hear the hats though. What am I doing wrong now?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:35 AM

not sure... you might have the track in PT set to the wrong input. I do that sometimes... when I bring up multiple tracks and forget that PT automatically creates the tracks with sequential inputs. Otherwise, you might have the track on the MV set to a different output than the hats. Also be sure that you are soloing and not just un-muting.
You wrote that you, "did what I said"... which thing though?... was it the OS update or the re-install that made it work? Just curious. I should remind you that I don't have an MV and it's been a long time since I was in front of one. If you want to check out some forums that are more MV specific... peep www.mvnation.com. Anyway, glad you got your sync up and running.... let me know what it was that fixed it.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 PM

I re-installed PT...also I didn't know i was supposed to drag the cord from the mv on Pt. ( I learned that little jem on mvnation.) I'll try the input/output and see what happens.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:05 PM

That's what it was.....thanks for all of your help man.

Also I have to put it on "Slave Midi" not "Slave MTC".
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM

cool... glad I could help.