Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Error, missing ilok authorization for Pro Tools 9

Hey,

I've seen this problem mentioned a few times on here but just wondered if I was doing something wrong that hadn't been mentioned. I cannot under any circumstances get Pro Tools 9 to launch because of this:

'Error, missing iLok authorization for 'Pro Tools 9'. Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools'.

I'm running on Windows 7 on a HP PC.
I've recently installed the Pro Tools 9 crossgrade for students (previously had Pro Tools LE8).
Being a crossgrade, I had to buy an ilok2 seperately.
I've registered with ilok.com and successfully downloaded my license.
I've installed the driver and client software from ilok.com.
I've installed the Windows driver from PACE.
I have also downloaded Pro Tools 9.0.02 and then 9.0.05 as suggested in my downloads in my Avid account.
I have an M-Box2 and entered the correct code when asked.
My ilok account says I have the Pro Tools license from digidesign and the expiration says 'never'.
The blue light is on the ilok and i've tried it in all my USB ports even after altering the USB power options as suggested in another thread.

I have been trying everything possible for 5 days now and i'm 100% confident I did all that was asked during installation. The only suggested solution which I haven't tried is to spend yet more money and buy an iLok 1 which appears to be more compatible. As they are discontinued, this is an expensive and time consuming task.

Does anybody know of anything I can try that doesn't involve throwing more money away just to get the software working which I purchased a week ago?????
Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Error, missing ilok authorization for Pro Tools 9

The ilok2 should work for you. I've been using one for almost a year.

Are you sure you have the latest ilok driver installed?

When you had 9.0.2 installed, did it work for you?

Do you have any other stand-alone software auths on that ilok? If so, do they work?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Error, missing ilok authorization for Pro Tools 9

Yeah, i've downloaded all the latest drivers.

If i'm honest, as I was told i'd need everything to be the latest version, i just downloaded 9.0.02 and when that was complete, i upgraded to 9.0.05 so i was up to date with everything.

It's a brand new iLok so there's nothing else on there.