Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM

Default Re: export list of music clips for cuesheet

Thanks to everyone, great suggestions. Tried Peter's software looks like it'll do the trick. THANKS!
Old 11-10-2018, 11:37 AM

The PG PT session software is exactly what I needed. What would really help is if there were a column for length for each clip, would help the guy building the cuesheet. Is it in there and i'm missing it? again thanks
Old 11-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrecord View Post
The PG PT session software is exactly what I needed. What would really help is if there were a column for length for each clip, would help the guy building the cuesheet. Is it in there and i'm missing it? again thanks
Cool,
Gratifying when people find my software useful. Yeah, the text files and the Excel files have the in TC, out TC, exact duration in TC format and rounded up duration in MM:SS format. Or am I misunderstanding?

Pete
Old 11-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Split your tracks into mono. Delete, hide, or just select L or R side, and export session as text. Works every time.
My software does that for you in one hit across all multichannel tracks.

Pete
Old 11-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrecord View Post
He has it.
It's in the "Music List Track Order" both in hh:mm:ss:ff and min:sec

Pete, great program. If you need any help with the RapidCue format, I'll volunteer to test (as I file tons of them).

And it'd probably make sense to have a separate "Session Info" tab for music cue sheets as there are specific entries (limited) that have to be used as you'll see from the RapidCue excel spreadsheet (that is locked with dropdowns)

...and as long as I'm making requests, in the Text/Excel options, in addition to "Remove common suffixes" it'd be great to have an option to trim Pro Tools default naming suffixes (ie, the "-01", "-02" etc added when a clip is edited.) I've never met a well-trimmed music cue that doesn't need to be stripped of silence before or after to truncate to the length of the actual music. So you end up with the clip names having those Pro Tools suffixes.

Those excel files exported will already save me some time before transferring to the cue sheet. So thanks again.

Last edited by BScout; 11-10-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Found the options.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
And it'd probably make sense to have a separate "Session Info" tab for music cue sheets as there are specific entries (limited) that have to be used as you'll see from the RapidCue excel spreadsheet (that is locked with dropdowns)
Yes I see, whole different type of information than for ADR, unsurprisingly. Ah, hadn't noticed the dropdowns and eurrgghh it's protected, that could be tricky.

Quote:
...and as long as I'm making requests, in the Text/Excel options, in addition to "Remove common suffixes" it'd be great to have an option to trim Pro Tools default naming suffixes (ie, the "-01", "-02" etc added when a clip is edited.) I've never met a well-trimmed music cue that doesn't need to be stripped of silence before or after to truncate to the length of the actual music. So you end up with the clip names having those Pro Tools suffixes.
Yes, I've been meaning to do that for a while.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 11-10-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
>Yes, I've been meaning to do that for a while.

And now I've done it. 1.9.32 now has that feature.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 11-10-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
>Yes, I've been meaning to do that for a while.

And now I've done it. 1.9.32 now has that feature.

Cheers,
Pete

Thanks, Pete!
Old 11-10-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
(I think I'll get people on this forum to suggest names for my software, I don't have the imagination for that!)
I think simian names are still in vogue. How about PT Monkey?

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTor View Post
I think simian names are still in vogue. How about PT Monkey?

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, it’s what I think I am

Pete