Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2018, 08:13 AM

Default Sound Missing in Premiere AAF, OMF Import

I sent out both an AAF and an OMF from Premiere Pro to Pro Tools. I opened it in Pro Tools. All of the clips show up and it does not say any of them had problems linking. All of the clips have their appropriate waveforms. But when played about half of the clips simply produce no audio. I can see the waveform. And the bars that show the peaking (whatever they're called) jump up and down as it plays through the audio. But no sound. I sent it through a BUS and printed it onto a STEM and no audio makes it to the BUS or gets printed.

What could be causing this? It happens with both the AAF and the OMF, but the silenced clips appear to be different.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Sound Missing in Premiere AAF, OMF Import

I would imagine you've checked the volume automation. Sometimes I get projects from premiere that the editor has boosted by more than 12dB that somehow translate to -[infinity].

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 PM

It looks like the automation was the problem. I imported the AAF and unchecked "Import Volume Automation" and that fixed it. But I did a good deal of basic volume automation in Premiere and would not like to have to do it all over again. Is there any way to import with the volume automation intact?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 PM

In my experience all of the Premiere automation IS intact EXCEPT for the clips which were boosted by more than 12dB, and those can be trimmed on the volume graph of Pro Tools up to 12dB and then boosted further using clip based gain. It's a PITA, but better than starting with no automation IMHO.

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk