Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Default Still tracking issues with Avid Control & Nuendo

GOOD NEWS: Eucon 20.5 appears to have solved the tracks crashing issue ON ANDROID PLATFORM.

BAD NEWS: Still crashing on iPad!

I tried using the app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+). Tracks page works like it should. But I can somehow trigger a crash when using the Layouts from AC feature. I don't know where in the process it will crash. But I do know that it will. I've made several layouts from AC, which I love for setting up snapshots. But somewhere around the swapping between layouts phase, Nuendo 10 will lick up and give me the Tracks error message.

So, now I'm shopping for an Android tablet. But I don't understand WHY it crashes instantly if I touch the tracks page on my iPad. It's really annoying, since I already spent the money on the iPad specifically for this single task (this was back when you could only run the app on Apple devices)!

Anyway, I really could use this app, if I could just get it to work stably with my system.

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 06-11-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Still tracking issues with Avid Control & Nuendo

This is probably a silly question. But is Artist Series no longer supported (except for basic repairs, maybe)? Since PT Control/Avid Control is the actual BRAIN of the MC Control, I was wondering why the firmware updates don't reflect the same features as the Avid Control. Theoretically, the app shouldn't even be necessary since it's an external version of the internal controls of the MC.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Avid

The Artist Series is still supported by EuControl however the Artist Control has no code thats the same as the Avid Control App. They are not the same thing. As for Nuendo crashing....not sure why Android suddenly doesnt cause it. I have forwarded the crash logs to Steinberg though.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The Artist Series is still supported by EuControl however the Artist Control has no code thats the same as the Avid Control App. They are not the same thing. As for Nuendo crashing....not sure why Android suddenly doesnt cause it. I have forwarded the crash logs to Steinberg though.

This is soooo frustrating! I was all set to buy 4 S1's and a Dock! But "The Brain" that makes the entire system works will crash my preferred DAW! Meanwhile, I'm loping along with essentially the same system, that the new system is based on and, with the exception of the Track Hiding nightmare, it works just fine. This just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Avid

Whats the track hiding nightmare? I thought you were on 20.6?
Old 06-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Avid

Oh you are talking Nuendo not PT. Again this needs to be pushed with Stienberg, we can only do so much. They need to hear that their customers want this and then they might work on it.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Whats the track hiding nightmare? I thought you were on 20.6?
I wasn't. I was on 20.5. I didn't even know about 20.6 until your question. But the inference got me excited enough to rush right over and download it. I have now updated everything to 20.6.

Results:

1) Still crashes instantly on iPad.
2) No crashing on Android phone not even when I was building layouts directly from Avid Control (THAT'S an improvement)
3) In spite of de-selecting "show hidden tracks" and "hidden tracks in folders," ALL OF THE TRACKS ON THE HARDWARE ARE STILL PRESENT regardless of the DAW view!

If I make a configuration in Nuendo showing only the Guitars, I expect the hardware to show only the guitars. If I close the folder containing those guitars, I expect the guitars to be hidden on the hardware. This is not happening. So that's what I was referring to regarding the "Hidden Track Nightmare"

My current workaround was to build Macros that paired matching layouts to specific views in Nuendo (Called Visibility Agents). But they're only 8 of those provided in Nuendo, though you CAN build more. I have 12 such configurations. 1 - 8 I can launch from the MC and the DAW will follow, which gives the illusion of Mirrored Mixing Capabilities. But it's not real. If I launched the Agent from Nuendo, the MC won't follow. As such, launching views 1 -8 from the hardware is a one button push process. But views 9 - 12 are a 2 push button process (1 for hardware & 1 for the matching software).
It's NOT ideal, but its useable.

THAT SINGLE FEATURE CORRECTED was the impetus for my "Upgrading" to S1. When I found out that this hadn't been corrected AND Avid Control caused the same crashing issue as Pro Tools Control, everything went on hold. As there's no change in 20.6 to address my problem. The situation remains on hold.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:28 AM

@KeyplayerG Its this one thing which is stopping me ordering the same setup as you for 3 x rigs. Being able to hide / focus tracks is the show stopper for us. Here's hoping for more collaboration between Avid and Steinberg on this issue.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:55 AM
Avid

The more people that post on Stienbergs forums the more chance they will implement it. The Eucon Sdk is free to them.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
The more people that post on Stienbergs forums the more chance they will implement it. The Eucon Sdk is free to them.

There are literally hundreds of these types of threads being posted on the Stienberg Forums daily! THEY KNOW!!

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...rg+Ignoring+us

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=292&t=178871

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...10304#p1010304

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=291&t=175390