Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Cannot Edit Clip Effects in PT 12.6 HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J View Post
Testing again 12.6.1 and it's not working for me. I can't adjust (all) parameters. Only HMF/LMF (EQ) works.
Yep. That's what I found. Can you adjust the high freq by clicking on the numeric values?

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:42 AM

Nope. Just those two parameters and Q (moving it by up/down arrow).
Old 12-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Did some recording and mixing yesterday here is what I found.

All the bands of the EQ worked. However if I boosted or cut to the max limit +12 or -12 db I could then not drag the colored graph dot down or up, they seemed to be locked at either the upper or lower limit . I could however click on the appropriate box and type in a different lesser number (like - 4.0 db) and the graph dot would move and could then be drug up or down . The Q worked by typing in numbers (I'll check dragging also) .

The compressor seemed to work except that I could not get the gain control to move off of 0.0 by either clicking and dragging or by trying to type in a number (the box would not highlight).

I will do some more diagnostic testing today and report back.

The other issue I was having was getting some "(cannot keep up audio processing, increase buffer or something to that effect ) since that is a different subject I will start a new thread about that.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 AM

So Kev, are you saying your posts #54 and #55 were incorrect with further testing, and that we are indeed looking at a bug here? If so, at least we have your system specs to help track it down and squash it.

Chris

PS: I'm just messing with you, friend. Thanks for posting and testing. Hopefully Avid can get this sorted out soon, huh?
Old 12-18-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
So Kev, are you saying your posts #54 and #55 were incorrect with further testing, and that we are indeed looking at a bug here? If so, at least we have your system specs to help track it down and squash it.

Chris

PS: I'm just messing with you, friend. Thanks for posting and testing. Hopefully Avid can get this sorted out soon, huh?
Well messin' is fine and not a problem so just to mess back a bit
And it's certainly possible that I may have been incorrect about it working fine, yet those posts are still basically correct perhaps just not totally complete diagnostically but not completely incorrect . First I am not having the kinds of problems being reported by some.
To clarify almost everything I have been doing 12.6 and 12.6.1 has in fact been fine.
As for clip effects
For example so far All EQ bands have been functional as I stated, with the only thing happening was if pulled them completely to the top or bottom. Second the dynamics was also functional except for makeup gain.

So while it's certainly possible that there could be some bugs. Yet because different problems are being reported by different users it would seem that simply issuing blanket statements that 12.6 is broken is not all that useful.
And of course my statement about making complaints with no or very little system info is also not all that useful . As in correct
So I think what I'll do is go test some more.... cheerio

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-21-2016, 07:13 PM

Anybody have a chance to confirm whether 12.7 fixes this bug or not?

Chris
Old 12-25-2016, 09:31 AM

Still not a word from Avid on this subject? Unbelievable how this could be released.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:04 PM

Default Cannot Edit Clip Effects in PT 12.6 HD

Haven't tried it, but if you read the bug fix list(it's on pro tools expert site) of PT 12.7, there's a lot mentioned about clip effects, so I guess they have tried to fix it! Haven't read any success stories yet...
Old 12-26-2016, 03:36 AM

Yes, I have yet to try 12.7 but I really hope thats it.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:14 AM

Weird little story here. I've been using CFX for probably a couple months now. And I'm recalling that when I first started using it, I was having the same problem as others here. But after using it a couple days, those problems seem to have just gone away, and I've been using it for several weeks with no problems whatsoever. However, I only use the EQ section...I've never tried the dynamics. I'm going to investigate when i get to the studio later today and check the dynamics section.

Mac Pro, Yosemite, PTHD 12.6