Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-19-2014, 12:09 AM

Default Lost PT license

Hi,

I lost my iLok and I just bought a new one and also PT update from 9 to 11. I have to get my old license to my new iLok - so I can't use my PT 11 atm. There should be full support with new PT but how I get it?

This is pretty urgent matter so all help is welcome! Thank you very much.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Lost PT licensce

The easiest thing is you find your old missing iLok... because that is where the license really exists.

or... search for and read the many other times this question has been asked on DUC.

or... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-iLok-Policy

---

Then go read up on ZDT insurance at iLok.com... which you should have if you seriously need to rely on any iLok licensing.

You may not have a free ASC until you register your upgrade. Worse case just pay for an ASC.

Edit: Oh you are not in the USA, this is likely to hurt, hope you use Skype. Unfortunately nothing is just easy dealing with the toxic mess of iLok/Pace/Pro Tools licensing.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:44 AM

I already have the new iLok.

So is the only option buy ASC code to get support from AVID?? I just bought PT 11 upgrade and there is support included to the price. I'm really interested how can I get the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The easiest thing is you find your old missing iLok... because that is where the license really exists.

or... search for and read the many other times this question has been asked on DUC.

or... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-iLok-Policy

---

Then go read up on ZDT insurance at iLok.com.

You may not have a free ASC until you register your upgrade. Worse case just pay for an ASC.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:01 AM

So what, you have an empty iLok. I'm not sure why that is that interesting. The encrypted secure license is on the other one you lost.

You lost your iLok with the license on it and you went ahead and thought that buying the upgrade would get you a free ASC to deal with this? Well it probably won't as you normally need to activate things to get to the ASC and you can't activate without the old license. Basically you screwed up by losing the iLok. So pay your ~US$40 ASC tax for doing that and get on with life. Once through to Avid support you can alwasy try asking them if they can refund the ASC price/swap it for the comp. one (I have no idea what they will say). And the biggest cost is going to be wasting time on the phone with Avid support... if it's urgent as you say then just get on the phone to Avid.

Of course there are many great DAWs out there that don't use iLok...
Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 AM

Of course I'll buy the ASC if that's only option. I just want to find out is there any other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
So what, you have an empty iLok. I'm not sure why that is that interesting. The encrypted secure license is on the other one you lost.

You lost your iLok with the license on it and you went ahead and thought that buying the upgrade would get you a free ASC to deal with this? Well it probably won't as you normally need to activate things to get to the ASC and you can't activate without the old license. Basically you screwed up by losing the iLok. So pay your ~US$40 ASC tax for doing that and get on with life. Once through to Avid support you can alwasy try asking them if they can refund the ASC price/swap it for the comp. one (I have no idea what they will say). And the biggest cost is going to be wasting time on the phone with Avid support... if it's urgent as you say then just get on the phone to Avid.

Of course there are many great DAWs out there that don't use iLok...