Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce timing issues with some plugins and parallel processing busses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
now you're just flirting.
i personally use this one several times a day ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 02-19-2018, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce timing issues with some plugins and parallel processing busses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstar View Post
I checked out the session. I was able to do an offline bounce and everything sounded perfect. it might be one of the plug ins.

There are a bunch of your plugins that I don't have. I attached a screenshot of the list. This might be why when I bounced it offline, it bounced fine.

Have you ever tried to strip all the plugins out of the session and do an offline bounce?
quite a few of those missing pluggies have latency.. perhaps just one of them isn't reporting it properly.. that's all it would take to cause the issue in the OP.. just one plugin incorrectly reporting latency.

Although on another note, I am quite pleased you were able to bounce without issue.. I couldn't replicate it either by making my own random test, but perhaps this will help the OP narrow down the problem plugin and solve this once and for all, as it must be entirely maddening for him.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:17 PM

Be sure you are not exceeding the maximum amount of latency compensation on a track.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstar View Post
I checked out the session. I was able to do an offline bounce and everything sounded perfect. it might be one of the plug ins.

There are a bunch of your plugins that I don't have. I attached a screenshot of the list. This might be why when I bounced it offline, it bounced fine.

Have you ever tried to strip all the plugins out of the session and do an offline bounce?
After listening to the bounces you did, the kick drum seemed to get fixed with the new aux routing. I'd experiment with the plug ins or routing on the snare and/or overhead tracks and busses. That's what still seems out of sync in your second example.

If you find the solution, would love to hear! I still have older sessions where I've just been doing real time bounces because of how time-consuming changing all the aux tracks can be.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:28 AM

Hold Control Command and click on the insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com
Old 03-28-2020, 02:10 PM

So i am assuming by the lack of further responses this never got fixed? I just downloaded the latest pro tools and i am having all sorts of issues regarding ADC.
I am having issues when using plugins that introfduce latency, sometimes in real time - when i am changing oversampling settings, everything goes out of time.
Also when i am bouncing - some thing might sound great in real time and then i bounce and the timing is off.
Again this is only plugins with oversampling or ones that introduce latency.
But as 90% of my plugin collection has oversampling/introduces latency, i really cannot see how i can make this work for me.
Looking through the forum, it seems to be a problem that has persisted for a very long time, with Avid not responding to it at all.
I am just a little bit worried as i am on the verge of pulling the plug on a years HD subscription, but if it can't deal with plugins that introduce latency...i dont know what to do.

Studio One has this problem (sometimes, not as frequent though)
But Reaper is rock solid with every one of these plugins, both in real time and rendering. Also it handles auxes with latency perfectly.
So i am kind of stuck!