Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Default \"Press spacebar to stop playback...\"

I have never seen this window before. For some reason when the video is online and I press play the insertline disappears and i get a box saying "Press spacebar to stop playback...". If I take the video offline it will play the audio fine without bringing up the box. I also noticed that the R & T keys no longer work to zoom. Yes the Command Focus button is enabled. Its only in this session though. I open a different session and everything is fine. I even tried starting a new session and importing session data but the same thing still happens. Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:06 AM

Default Re: \"Press spacebar to stop playback...\"

*UPDATE* I just realized what was causing the problem. It's the quicktime movie I'm importing. It disables command focus so I can no longer use the keyboard to perform functions such as trim to end, zoom, etc... It also puts the box up saying "Press spacebar to stop playback..." whenever I try to listen. Does this raise any ideas? Kind of hard to do dialog editing without picture.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 AM

Default Re: \"Press spacebar to stop playback...\"

Setup->Preferences
Operation Tab
2nd section down: Video

Quicktime Playback Priority: set this to MEDIUM
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Default Re: "Press spacebar to stop playback..."

What happens if you need highest quality on your quicktime playback but also want to continue to use the interface? Is it impossible for ProTools to handle both? Its especially painful for ADR work in HD (DVCOPRO 720p 23.976) when you can't see the motion smoothly. Switching back and forth is nearly useless. I'm aware of all the external playback options but lets say it HAS to play back on a cinema display. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.