Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 03:51 AM

Default Opening saved files

Hi everybody,
I hope somebody can help me out with this one. I saved some sessions to CDR using Easy CD Creator 5 and now I need to edit a few things and I'm unable to reopen them, I compressed the files all together and saved to two or three different CDRs but now I can't import them back to my PC.
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Opening saved files

Hi,
What format?

Are they still on CD or back on disk?

Are they decompressed and in a directory like PTLE normally does?

Have you changed the write permissions back to read-write and not read-only?

Cheers,
Mark
Old 01-13-2002, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Opening saved files

Hi thanks for the help!
Well, What I did was, take the session just the way they are and compressed using winzip, all of the files, "Sound Files" and "Fade Files", them I saved the audio files to two or three CDRs.
Them I arased the original from my computer, now I need to edit something and when I put the CDR in the drive and try to place the files back in my computer I can't, I get a message saying that "...can't read from device" but there is nothing wronge with my CD Rom...

I haven't changed the right permission, I don't know much about that stuff, I would apreciate if you could explain that to me.

1- I compressed the files using winzip.
2- Saved to CDRs.
3- I have the CDRs with all the files and can't get them back in my computer.