Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Finally AIR Update Posted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
If yo use Hybrid and are updating to Hybrid 3 you might want to check out my post here

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2155886&postcount=3

regarding a quirk relating to installing the Hybrid update.
Or simply copy it here:

"The Hybrid 3 installer does not currently include an audio units version for use in Logic, or a vst version for use in Cubase. It is only an AAX version. This is despite the promo ad on the AIR site saying that this IEP upgrade introduces AU and VST versions.

All the other IEP instrument do include AU and VST versions.

However ..... there is also a link provided when you purchase the upgrade to a newer Hybrid 2 installer. THAT installer installs AU and VST versions of Hybrid. If you install it after installing Hybrid 3, it does not overwrite the Hybrid 3 AAX install, it just adds Hybrid 2 AU and VST versions.

None of this is mentioned in any of the blurb on the AIR site. Initially, I ignored the Hybrid 2 installer link, assuming it was for people who had obtained the free IEP upgrade without buying Hybrid 3, but then I thought, let's just see what happens when I install it. Lo and behold, we now have Hybrid in AU and VST formats.

I've not looked carefully, so it is even possible that AIR had mistakenly called the AU/VST installer 'Hybrid 2' when it might actually also be Hybrid 3, just for those formats. It wouldn't be the first time AIR products have reported the wrong version number. But I guess not.

On a plus note for all those people who had no end of trouble last time with installer DVDs ... I took up the option to buy the $99 option of a hard drive with all the installers. It arrived promptly, well packaged, a nice slimline 500gb USB3 WD My Passport Ultra. Everything installed from there just fine. Hell, there was even enough space to copy across my previous downloaded installers in case I ever need them, along with all my PT10/11 installers, my Cubase and Wavelab installers, and all my 3rd party plugin installers, so that the drive is now a 2nd full backup of all my important installers. Nice"
Old 05-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Hey guys I didn't get an email either but AIR have set up a handy form to get your promo code:

http://www.airmusictech.com/promocodes

I visited the above link, entered my email for my purchase of the Expansion Pack last year, and got my promo code emailed in a few minutes. To answer an earlier question: if you own the IEP then upgrading pricing looks like this for the download version:

Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $2.33
Total: $32.32
Discount: $4,265.76

memesounds.com
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM

Hehe Yeah... That 4K discount really makes we wonder where that figure comes from ..

Just pilled out of the "AIR"

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hehe Yeah... That 4K discount really makes we wonder where that figure comes from ..

Just pilled out of the "AIR"
I see what you did there.

memesounds.com
Old 05-14-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spur View Post
I see what you did there.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME