Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 AM

Smile Firmware update 2.02 anytime soon?

Hello everyone!!!

I been using 11R for a time now and have notice that the build in tuner is to sensitive and cant use it for live gigs in a song to song change for quick tune check, I would like to see an update addressing this issue, as for maybe everyone agrees some new and other bugs fix. not blasting against Avid, this product is really a good investment so far! but I am sure it can do a little bit more or have more effects simulations and so on. what are the thoughts from Avid regarding anytime soon Firmware update? or another Expansion pack?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Firmware update 2.02 anytime soon?

It's been about a year and a half now since the last firmware release, and Avid has been aware of bugs since last November. With all the people-shuffling at Avid, its no surprise our device has fallen by the wayside, despite statements from earlier this year that they have not forgotten us and that there will be another release for 11r, I'm not holding my breath any longer.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 AM

Lightbulb Re: Firmware update 2.02 anytime soon?

Its kinda sad, I know that this Box can do a little bit more and bugs can be fix, anyway after all we are expeculating on the topic, I just and like everyone who have this equipment see at least improvement in whats already an awesome hardware.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM

I think everyone here is in agreement with you, including the developers for 11r. Just not Avid as a company.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
I think everyone here is in agreement with you, including the developers for 11r. Just not Avid as a company.
+1
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 PM

+1
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqlw View Post
+1
I think Winter Namm is Avids last chance to show the 11R users that they value there customer base.
Even the AXE and Kemper fan boys know that the 11R is the best bit of kit out there.. in this price bracket anyway. It would not take much from Avid to really pull a lot more customers onto the 11R.
The only reason I can see that more folks don't own one is purely down to the lack of updates and support.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:27 AM

Its just a shame, isn't it? I have a friend who's now selling his Ultra to acquire an 11r. I knows he won't have the extensive FX selection or the CPU power for dual amp rigs and routing capabilities but the raw tones are comparable and that's what's important to him.

For the love of all that is digital, Avid, please level with us. We are your ambassadors, we sell your product for you. It's not that we feel you owe us anything, but we would like to know where this is headed and I don't think it's unreasonable considering the current state of the market; with multiple brands constantly releasing *free* updates and improvements to their products, with consistent evolution and betterment within the very same devices.

We haven't even seen bugfixes for the firmware released in March, 2011, let alone any of the updates/improvements that have been talked about by both users *and* Avid personell. There are very few things that 11r users really need to round out the product and the fact that this is the constant subject of conversation any time 11r is brought up on this or any other forum brings upon speculation that the product is dead, that Avid has rinsed their hands clean of it and are focused on other products. We understand that any company must be focused on the future to ensure its financial survival, but this can't be the only way to do it.

Look at the ideascale site. Users are excited at the prospect of a company actually listening and responding to the beckoning requests. Let's see some action for once instead of corporate fluff speak, please.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
I think Winter Namm is Avids last chance to show the 11R users that they value there customer base.
Nope, it was last year.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315783

By this Winter NAMM, that thread will be a YEAR old.

I know that thread was about a stand alone editor only. Yeah, we've been sick of this for a while now.

Same thing over and over again.... and the 11R is still a good deal at the current prices and feature set. (I'll try to tame and qualify my b*tch*ng with that)

It could just be so much better.

Avid? (crickets chirping - owls hooting)
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Even the AXE and Kemper fan boys know that the 11R is the best bit of kit out there.. in this price bracket anyway. It would not take much from Avid to really pull a lot more customers onto the 11R.
The only reason I can see that more folks don't own one is purely down to the lack of updates and support.
I am now a Kemper fan boi and yes the 11r IS the best thing in its price range. Hands down. But I sold mine last February because I was tired of Avid not addressing the issues. Its a real shame because the 11 R can hang tone wise. I profiled all my 11 R setting into the Kemper right before I sold and I am glad I did.

I sincerely hope Avid finally steps up to the plate for you guys, you deserve it!