Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2023, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance Plugin Issue with M1 in PT 2023.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
At least they don't talk about PAL/NTSC any longer, nor do we need to mix and master differently for 33 1/3 than 45 rpm. Now both are talking about minimizing encoding losses.
There is always an example of this kind of incompatibility though. I have a whole draw full of different size mini usb cables.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTools1963 View Post
Did I miss something or are we still in the same place with PA?
You can now directly download AAX Apple Native from Plugin Alliance (including for non-subscribers.) But it doesn't happen from the install manager (though the install manager will show you which ones have been added to being native, it doesn't actually install the right version.)

You have to manually do it from your PA account and grab the individual installers.
A big chunk of them came out (but not all!)
Old 08-17-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You can now directly download AAX Apple Native from Plugin Alliance (including for non-subscribers.) But it doesn't happen from the install manager (though the install manager will show you which ones have been added to being native, it doesn't actually install the right version.)

You have to manually do it from your PA account and grab the individual installers.

Thank you. Very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-Recording Mixer/Sound Designer
Nova Scotia Canada

OS Ventura 13.0
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12
Mac Studio Max 32GB Ram

OS 10.8.5
Pro Tools HD Accel Version 10.3.8
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 32GB Ram
Old 08-17-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

For the record, I still consider this a fail. I will return to my "buyer" status when all products that were available via the manager previously are again available via manager.

As a point of reference, my count of PA plugs would make individual downloads impractical; while I understand that some of us don't care for the install managers generally, I discovered after purchase that one of the two VIs that I'd bought had to be handled outside of the install manager owing to the size (wtf is THAT about?) and it was a PITA, and an undisclosed one at that.

I'm still hopeful that there will be a definitive list of plugs that will NOT be available as AAX Silicon Native, and that list published before the end of August 2023. PA owes it to their customers to divulge which cats refuse to be herded.

Until the manager works as expected, the full scope of AAX Silicon Native plugs is available AND the list of the never-gonna-happen plugs is published, I continue to join the best of you in flushing all PA offer emails without opening.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:19 PM

Manually downloaded all of my PA owned plugs today.. Everything is there in Native mode.

Really wasn't that big of a deal. I'll check back with the Install Manager later. With that and my move to Waves V14, everything Native is cool... Except rewire!! damn it rewire!
Old 08-18-2023, 10:12 AM

I see they're claiming it works today with the Installation Manager.
Yesterday I followed BScout's directions of manual install, and it all went well.
As with other users, I have already found replacements for many of their plugins - and I will never buy another from them. The shoddy support and non-communication with customers left a sour taste in my mouth with this company. Also, the fact that they never allow any even slightly critical review of one of their plugins ... everything has to be a 5-star review. BS to say the least.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:16 PM

I updated via the PA installation manger.
Worked fine.