Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Default "ALL" Group behavior in Pro Tools 9

I have a question about working with the "ALL" group in Pro Tools 9. I'm coming up from PT 6.4.1 on a Mix system. When I activated the ALL group in my PT 6, and went to click in the Edit window, it would highlight every track in the window, including Aux, Master, and any audio tracks that might be in a view mode other than Waveform. This selection of every track would occur whether I was initially clicking on an Aux track or audio track. Every track would be highlighted by the cursor. In Pro Tools 9, it seems that when I activate the ALL group and click in the Edit window, if I in initially click on an Audio track, I seem to only be selecting Audio tracks, and beyond that, only Audio tracks in Waveform view. And no Aux or Master fader tracks are selected. If I initially click on an Aux track, only Aux tracks are selected. What's up with this? When I activate the ALL group and go to highlight a region to move it or whatever, I want EVERYTHING moved - all automatiion and all audio regions. Why isn't this happening? Am I missing something? Thanks!