Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Black Lion Mod ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Unfortunately Protools does not (probably by design) support two simultaneous audo interfaces (No two 003, two 002, or 003 and 002 at the same time). I think you already got the Digimax FS which gives you 16 simultaneous inputs via the ADAT inputs. Now if we could use multiple audio interfaces, I can see some people wanting to get 32 simultaneous inputs (or even 36 using SPDIF too). For now, we're limited to 18 inputs maximum. I've been able to work with this limit for most of my projects by overdubbing or mixing down groups of tracks as needed. If you really need to use more inputs, you are getting into Protools HD territory (read $$$)

It's been a while since I checked out the BLA mods but this is what I remember. BLS has several level of mods. I believe there is a space issue in modifying the 003 (control surface version) to the more complex levels of mods. The 003R does allow more space for the higher levels of mods. I'm not sure if this also applies to the 002 and 002R interfaces.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I think it's deliberate that you can't chain the devices. I wasn't really concerned about more inputs (16) is plenty, but about getting the BLA sound. I'm going to stick with the Digimax FS and start making some music again. Thank you for all your responses.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:52 AM

Perpertree is full of sh**. Anything m-powered uses the crappy m-audio drivers that have some real serious issues co-existing with apple core audio processes and the audio components are a significant step down from even the native digi stuff. Look inside... I have and that's why I wen to the BLA.

I bought a used 002 for almost nothing, paid about a grand for the signature mod, and it simply blew my mind. I had a second stock unit available for comparison when it came back from BLA and it was absolutely night and day. My day job is making records (some gold/plat) on a 32 i/o HD/Apogee (ad/da) in a vintage API room. You might say my standards are a bit high for this type of thing and I was VERY impressed.

I don't care if they don't print specs... if that is the deciding factor for some of you then I will be glad to take your clients when all of your mixes have the limitations inherent to the stock digi/avid native products. In fact, I might take another vacation this year because I don't have to budget in an overpriced yester-decade technology HD system for my home office.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom619 View Post

I don't care if they don't print specs... if that is the deciding factor for some of you then I will be glad to take your clients when all of your mixes have the limitations inherent to the stock digi/avid native products. In fact, I might take another vacation this year because I don't have to budget in an overpriced yester-decade technology HD system for my home office.
If this were a Facebook comment, I'd click on "likes this"

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom619 View Post
Perpertree is full of sh**. Anything m-powered uses the crappy m-audio drivers that have some real serious issues co-existing with apple core audio processes and the audio components are a significant step down from even the native digi stuff. Look inside... I have and that's why I wen to the BLA.

I bought a used 002 for almost nothing, paid about a grand for the signature mod, and it simply blew my mind. I had a second stock unit available for comparison when it came back from BLA and it was absolutely night and day. My day job is making records (some gold/plat) on a 32 i/o HD/Apogee (ad/da) in a vintage API room. You might say my standards are a bit high for this type of thing and I was VERY impressed.

bom619?, interesting, let see your home page with the gold/plat albums please?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
bom619?, interesting, let see your home page with the gold/plat albums please?
I think this says it all...

Quote:
About bom619 from his DUC profile:
Occupation: I make records.System Details8 core 2.8 intel mac, Pro Tools 8 le, BLA modified 002, Genelec 4040a monitors, and a really nice italian espresso machine.
Biography: I have made a lot of records.
Interests: Learning logic so I don't have to use avid's technology crippled products.
4 posts... hmmm... TROLL
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM

I really cannot understand why on earth someone come here to bash something/somebody.
Trolls are not welcome here.
bom619: if you don't use/like pro tools, why not unsubscribe from this forum, and simply use what you like? Goodby, wish you to find a proper daw, which will work for you.
TD
Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 AM

i have been down to their workshop and personally seen the mods they do. they are doing some great work. they were working on 12 192 units for mutt lange while i was there... i left my old 002 for a signature mod ... and ended up picking up their new microclock mk2 for my mbox 2 pro ... very noticable difference in definition and picked up their auteur mic pre which i have been using as of late instead of my api's very clean fat warm sound ... if anyone has a issue they should go to their workshop...
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM

and by the way there are only a few guys working there doing this by hand with backed up orders, so i don't see any demo units going out anytime soon ...
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmooth226 View Post
if anyone has a issue they should go to their workshop...
I 100% agree. If you want to get this mod you should first get a plane ticket and hotel room in Chicago. That is where you can make impartial decisions about the offering. Anyone who doesn't do that deserves whatever they get.

And no one who makes anything by hand is going to stand behind their products. Who even considered such an idea?
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
I 100% agree. If you want to get this mod you should first get a plane ticket and hotel room in Chicago. That is where you can make impartial decisions about the offering. Anyone who doesn't do that deserves whatever they get.

And no one who makes anything by hand is going to stand behind their products. Who even considered such an idea?
STILL WAITING for you to repost or link to the post with your step by step instructions for users to come up with "spec sheet" numbers... just reminding you...

By the way, aren't you in the chicago area? Maybe you should drive over and see for yourself!?