Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 AM

Default Re: > Spectrasonics RMX timing

Andre

Thanks for the thought. I have all my serials on paper in the studio with my Mac. . . it is when I am in my office (PC) or traveling (PC Notebook) and want to do some research/reading that I am locked out. There is probably a good app for this on a PC as well, I just don't know it, and I would need to get it all in there in the first place.

I appreciate when a vendor allows us to setup accounts with a low-security passwords for basic forum access/support, rather than this unusual extra layer Spectrasonics has in place.

Someday apple will release OS X for PCs and Microsoft will go "Hey I thought Apple was a hardware company, they can't do that, can they?" and the world will be a better place.

I like your approach of segmenting the keychains. . . a Mac 17" Mac Book Pro looks on the horizon if I get a couple new projects to kick off shortly with financing.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post

You would think all these products would be playing nicely together in this day and age. . . the devil is certainly in the details, someone should have doused devil with water my now, instead of the user comunity dealing with this kinda thing over-and-over-and-over. . .

Time to sleepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . .

LOL, yes you would think this wouldn't be an issue by now.

Soft synths with Pro Tools is a complete mine field. So much so I'm completely abandoning MIDI with Pro Tools (Logic instead). You need to literally keep a database of all your softsynths and how much they move when you turn on ADC (some don't some do), and that changes with each update of Pro Tools and the soft synths. Not exactly a creative environment to work in. Not to mention the ongoing RTAS clicks and pops that so many soft synths seem to have.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
yes you would think this wouldn't be an issue by now.
Yea, and with Microsoft as a world dominating software company setting the standard so low, it is hard to fault corps like Avid who only sell under a billion $ a year total (just to put it in perspective, the is like 1% of Bill Gates' net worth). It amazes me that Avid has lost money every year since 2004, and last year lost 129 million. You would think there is money to be made being one of the leaders in the field. I wonder how Digidesign's Divisional reports look in that big picture. . .

Oops, I digress.