Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Default PT 11.3 Stock Plugin Manual

Hi, I went to my account and downloaded the plugin manual under "My Products" but it looks like there are a lot of plugins listed in the pdf that I do not have. Maybe the download manual is for all the plugins?

ex: I wanted to make sure I was reading my levels correctly with the trim plugin so I downloaded the avid plugin manual under my account and looked for the trim plugin. The manual shows a different, more advanced trim plugin than I have.

I was hoping to find the correct manual so I can learn about all the features of the plugins I have. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 PM

Default Re: PT 11.3 Stock Plugin Manual

Yes, the manual covers all Avid plugins(many of which you likely don't have). Not sure why anything would look different, unless the manual is referring to an HD version(although most plugins that are in both HD and non-HD Pro Tools look and work the same). What are you trying to do with the Trim plugin that makes this critical?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 AM

Default Re: PT 11.3 Stock Plugin Manual

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the trim plugin I am seeing is probably the HD version. I was confused since the plugin manual was in 'my products' list. Just wanted to make sure I did not have missing plugins from an old install..?

I did do a search online and found a different avid plugins manual that has the actual trim plugin I use. This manual is different than the one in my product list which shows a more advanced version. anyway, do not to spend too much time, but I do appreciate your help.

I use the trim plugin on my channels when gain staging. trying to better my mixes.

btw, I just go the Avid Pro Compressor. it is cool.

Thanks again,
Jeff