Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Fade Files as Audio Files in \"Missing Audio\" ??

How is it that sometimes I open a session and get a dialog about missing AUDIO FILES, proceed to search for these files, only to find out they're really FADE FILES? It's too late at this point to check the box to regenerate missing fades, and I'm not too sure that would work anyway, since it thinks the fades are audio files.

In the Relink window, you can clearly see that it wants to relink FADExyz3jkl4kmn, for example. Is there some way to create or regenerate the missing fades at this point?

OS 10.3.5
PT 6.4cs9

Thanks,
Curt
Old 05-08-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Fade Files as Audio Files in \"Missing Audio\" ??

This really "bugs" me too. This whole system worked a lot better for me under OS9.

I think this missing audio files which are really fades actually caused a crash for me last week too. It kept searching for the files, and when I went to close the session, it asked "Some tasks are incomplete - close anyway?", and I checked yes. Upon loading and closing other songs, it kept asking me the question, even though there weren't any files missing from the current loased session. Eventually I had an unexpected quit of PT.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Fade Files as Audio Files in \"Missing Audio\" ??

Found a possible clue today. Opened a session with 8 missing audio files, which turned out to really be fade files. When I looked in the Project Browser, I noticed that these "audio files" were AIFF files that had the extension .aif... but the session and all of the other files were in SDII.

Dunno what it means though. These problematic session imports are always from out-of-house editors. Maybe it's an OS 9 to OS 10 thing...?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Avid

Default Re: Fade Files as Audio Files in \"Missing Audio\" ?

CCash - if you choose 'Show Full Pathnames' from the audio regions bin and look at where these files are supposed to be located, are they actually there?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the response. I'll check this out as soon as I can. I wouldn't think to look in the region bin because they're fade files... I think.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:35 AM

Following up: They're not in the Region Bin. However, if I delete the Fades with the .AIF extensions (from the Fade Files folder), the next time I launch the session it doesn't ask for them.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Avid

Ok, thanks for the info. I wanted to make sure these weren't actual audio files.