Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-30-2008, 01:49 PM

Default Waves and Pro tools 8

Ok what am I doing wrong....

I did a clean install of PT 8 and a fresh install of Leopard to a separate internal drive on my G5. I opened a PT 8 session made on my Laptop with the new install of 8 on my G5. I didn't see my Gold Bundle Waves.

I went to the Waves site and sent them a message as to what I need to install on this "NEW" drive in order to see the plugins.. I'm waiting for the answer and thought to come here and ask.

I tried the installing V6 version updater, wouldn't work. I tried to simply copy the plugins from on drive to this new one.. didn't work.

Please tell me what I am missing here.... I am prepared to be embarrassed I am nursing a Flu..and have plenty of stuffed brain cells
Old 12-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Waves and Pro tools 8

Other than the v6 updater, did you run a Waves installer? Waves is weird about where they place the plug-ins (usually in the Applications folder and just a Waveshell in the plug-ins folder) so using one of their installers is the only way to make sure everything goes where they want it to.

Also, what version of the Gold Bundle do you have? You will need the most recent one (which may mean paying for an update from waves) b/c Waves had issues with Leopard and had to release new versions.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm running v5.9.7 Waveshell and all is working well. No issues so far...but I haven't done a real thorough test.

However, all my Waves (Platinum) are authorized on my iLok, so I simply reinstalled from the same installer as before on my new partition.

Are yours authorized via iLok, or Challenge/Response? Either way, there SHOULDN'T be an issue. My WUP isn't even up to date, but I kept the 5.9.7 installer on my local drive.

...and what Slim said: only the Waveshell goes in the Protools Plugins folder. Waves keeps their plugins in a Waves-only folder.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM

I tried the installer and I have the latest version of my Gold bundle. As I mentioned ..all is well on my laptop running PT 8 and Waves, my ilok is up to date and in sync.....

I will try installing (Waves)again.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Got it working.. I ended up copying the Wave folders and all Waves associated items over to the "new" install and in the same places on the hard drive, with a restart everything showed up and works.

Maybe not the best way to get it done.. but it works