Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: The Tea Room..!!

Labor Day is an observed Holiday in The USA where you are supposed to rest and not labor on that day. It is the unofficial end of the summer,beach..etc, and is the last weekend before school starts. Retailers have found a way to lure shoppers into there stores with these Labor Day sales. I will accompany my wife, and politely roll my eyes if she wants to get something that we really don't need.

cool

def lime
Old 09-05-2005, 11:49 AM

Lemix: yeah, I'll be nice to a few of the neighbors I guess... I am wary though caus this is a college type area and higher crime area than I used to live in so I am in the proceed with caution mode at the moment til I get to know the lay of the land...

Stiff: How's it going man? yeah, I am selling off electrics at the moment and sticking with my acoustics myself except for my bass. In a couple years though, I intend to get a vintage strat, and a vintage/new Les Paul Classic... just got things sized accordingly for the room I set up over here at the moment with the 4 guitars left in my possession... hope all is going better for ya over there man. Glad to see ya back on the boards.

Kenny: How's it going also man? nice on the gigs, work is always good to have. Watch out for those labor day sales where they try to sell you things you don't need.... I am going with the excuse on this end at the moment that our new appt. is too small to hold any more s**t so that is a viable way to go so that you can prevent the excess spending I guess...

well guys, gotta get going... moving another couch in today, and playing with a set of Apex 435's on my acoustics this afternoon (they sound amazing!) y'all behave now!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:06 PM

Hi Andrew,
No, I never made it to the UK... I've been busy with some things... I've also been to Stockholm for my grandfathers funeral, I started school and what not. Last couple of days I've been busy with absinth though. How are you man?

Charlie,
Well, things have been better, but I'm doing OK. Been really stressed lately but I'm trying to calm down a bit with doing a few songs.

Maybe I should get a bass... But what for? We got Mr Deaf Lime Bassman Kenny around

Btw, post the adress to your board again, I reinstalled my computer and didn't back up my favorites folder.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:35 AM

Stiff: yeah, these things take time to get through man.. we never technically get over them in a way caus folks like that will always be with us and watching over us, but things will get better with time my friend. the addy to the boards is: boards.almostfamousmusic.com

will check in later here guys, must grab coffee and pizza and get up and get going for the day here...
Old 09-06-2005, 07:26 AM

Quote:
must grab coffee and pizza and get up and get going for the day here...
must read Health & Nutrition magazine..
Something tells me that the pie will be chewed up cold..
a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-06-2005, 09:32 AM

good guess my friend... pie cold, coffee hot and they end up luke warm somewhere in the middle... remember, I live on a college campus now so I have to eat what I can get around here I guess... lol I am about to flip on a maintenance dude this morning if he don't get his a** in gear and show up for the "third" time we have scheduled an appt. this morning to install our washer and dryer though... I can flip from the day gig without dropping my coffee btw...

what is new with you all anyways?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
what is new with you all anyways?
isn't that " anyhoo " ? Need a quick English lesson here..
Well, just talked to my partner to book me in for the drum thing this week. Also, installed a new DVD burner in my sons computer. Try to make up a dinner menu, but the kitchen is still semi functional only. Yes, I'm getting lazy and low on funds.

later,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 PM

anywho....

nice on the drums man! let us know when ya finish up rocking the skins. what kind of dvd burner? Just scored a Lacie drive not too long ago for a G4 that we have to burn those cool I-DVD things onto dvd as they apparently are not win-compatible... got lucky caus I got it as an early b-day gift.. *shrugs*

As for dinner menus... yeah have been eating way too much take out lately on this end in the last week or so man... Moving makes one feel very lazy to cook after all those boxes, and then helping a friend move on top of it all... not to mention it is so convenient to walk next door now to the chinese food restaurant, or down the block to the pizza or Coney Island places and get take out and come home and crash in front of the cable... I have never had cable TV at my place but once for about a year before, so I am catching up on lost time I guess ya could say...
Old 09-06-2005, 02:18 PM

Anyhoo,
His PC ( one of my retired ones )runs W98SE, and need to move MP3s, and Digital Pictures out.
So, I was looking for a cheapest, compatible burner with software. It is a Sony something, $ 35 Canadian. No complaints.
All my burners are Plextor for audio and Pioneer DVD for data. I should open a repair biz man..Got 5 PCs at my house to maintain
OK, laziness isn't an excuse for eating processed fast food crap young man !
You could cook healthy soups and stews, freeze them and just grab fresh salads and bread daily.
Sorry aboot the washer/dryer..Have a stove and fridge though, right ?
I'd love to find out what those Meals Ready to Eat packs are exactly..
Link ??

take care,
a

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Never mind that link, Penguino..
I've got the lowdown..
So , not only that they can be consumed hot or cold, judging by the hi-rez pictures, most of them even look the same Now, that is military specs for ya !

Bon Apetit

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring