Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-16-2018, 07:39 PM

Default Random softkey functions don't work

I made a few custom softkeys and not all functions work.
One (screenshot attached) is supposed to go to top of mixer (does that) then switch to edit window (does that) then go to top (does NOT do that), select my mix range (does that) then start recording (does NOT do that)
Another thing that doesn't work- switching ALL tracks' automation to read. I programmed a EUCON-OS modifier option then EUCON auto read and it does NOTHING.
Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.38.10 PM.jpg (47.3 KB, 0 views)

HD Native * PT 2018.12 * OS X 10.13.6 * MacPro 12 Core * 2.4GHz 24GB Ram * 2XUAD2 Octo * Waves Platinum * Lexicon PCM Native Bundle * Sound Toys Bundle* AutoTune8 * NI Komplete11 * BFD3 * Synthogy Ivory II* Vienna Ensemble Pro * Spectrasonics * Slate trigger2 *xFer records * Softube * Vienna Ensemble * DMG Expurgate * Massey DRT2 *
iPad Air/Avid control * EuCon 18.3.0.217 *

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-16-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Random softkey functions don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I made a few custom softkeys and not all functions work.
One (screenshot attached) is supposed to go to top of mixer (does that) then switch to edit window (does that) then go to top (does NOT do that), select my mix range (does that) then start recording (does NOT do that)
Another thing that doesn't work- switching ALL tracks' automation to read. I programmed a EUCON-OS modifier option then EUCON auto read and it does NOTHING.
Thoughts?
that "Record" eucon command probably just sets the record button. you have to start the transport (play) to actually record, no?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
that "Record" eucon command probably just sets the record button. you have to start the transport (play) to actually record, no?
You are correct. Took a while to figure that out, but now works.
What about set all to auto read? (option modifier doesn't work for me in any scenario. (not in Eucon OS modifiers and not in Keyboard modifiers)
Also the hold checkbox in key commands is always grayed out...

HD Native * PT 2018.12 * OS X 10.13.6 * MacPro 12 Core * 2.4GHz 24GB Ram * 2XUAD2 Octo * Waves Platinum * Lexicon PCM Native Bundle * Sound Toys Bundle* AutoTune8 * NI Komplete11 * BFD3 * Synthogy Ivory II* Vienna Ensemble Pro * Spectrasonics * Slate trigger2 *xFer records * Softube * Vienna Ensemble * DMG Expurgate * Massey DRT2 *
Old 01-17-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
What about set all to auto read? (option modifier doesn't work for me in any scenario. (not in Eucon OS modifiers and not in Keyboard modifiers)
I'm not in front of a surface to test this myself but try this..

Global -- Do To All
Automation -- Modes -- Read

** Update ** try this too. from the dock manual. page 28.
3) To change the automation mode on all tracks, hold Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) while pressing SHIFT(Control Surface) + REC/A.

Last edited by Anthony_Anz; 01-17-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
I'm not in front of a surface to test this myself but try this..

Global -- Do To All

** Update ** try this too. from the dock manual. page 28.
3) To change the automation mode on all tracks, hold Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) while pressing SHIFT(Control Surface) + REC/A.
If I wanted to hold modifier keys on the computer keyboard, I wouldn't buy a controller. They offer modifier keys in manual but they don't work...

Old 01-23-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
If I wanted to hold modifier keys on the computer keyboard, I wouldn't buy a controller.

Assign a softkey to the EUCON Commands I mentioned in my previous post. It works perfectly.

Global -- Do To All