Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-17-2018, 08:49 AM

Default [Help needed] Using an Artist Mix & Mackie Control for FOH setup with a Fireface 802

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to see if it's possible to have a small live FOH setup with my RME Fireface 802, my Macbook and my Avid Artist Mix, using RME's TotalMix as a console, with its EQ and Dynamics, and with all the process done in the soundcard.

I've started before a similar post on RME's forum, here's the link :

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewt...127624#p127624

For the moment, everything looks good, except that I can't find the button(s) I have to push on my Artist Mix to have the Mackie Control command "ARROW UP" or "ARROW DOWN" done, which would be very useful in RME's TotalMix FX...

Anyone knows how to achieve these commands ?
If not, is there another possibility ?
Something like a Mackie Control MIDI converter ?
I'm a bit lost...

Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks
Old 01-17-2018, 08:09 PM

Default Re: [Help needed] Using an Artist Mix & Mackie Control for FOH setup with a Fireface

Just my 2 cents....I'd be more interested in working within a PT session. Why? I get tighter integration with the Artist Mix and I would have access to lots of plugins that would work without latency(enough to bug anyone). Since you never actually roll transport, it should not be an issue staying at a small buffer(64?) Just tossing the idea out. I have not actually done this, but I have used an M-Audio Fast Track Pro into PT M-Powered and used it for reverbs and delay in a live setting(venue had an analog console and 1 crappy effect unit)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-22-2018, 09:03 AM

Default Re: [Help needed] Using an Artist Mix & Mackie Control for FOH setup with a Fireface

Thanks for your answer.

I have considered using PT as mixer, but as my laptop is an old Macbook Pro, I was looking for something more trustful...
I found a way to achieve what I was looking for, using MIDIPipe free-software.
On the link above to the RME Forum's topic, I tried to explain how I did.

I hope it could help someone :)