Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Default Axiom 61 (2nd Gen) Nothing works but the keyboard?

I recently bought an axiom 61 off amazon (the 2nd gen) and i hooked it up and the keyboard part works perfectly and so do the pads, i installed the Enigma software it came with and im going crazy trying to figure out WHY none of the controls on the keyboard work with pro tools 10? When i connect it Pro tools says:

"Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard. Power-Cycle M-Audio Keyboard and check its connections. Note, if M-Audio Keyboard is not in use, update the Peripherals dialog to prevent further warnings."

Although the keys on the keyboard worked, i went into peripherals and went to the 3rd tab where the Midi controllers are, when i select M-Audio keyboard it doesnt show Direct link like ive seen on youtube videos it shows it as:
M audio axiom port 1 and m audio axiom port 2. I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and Pro tools 10.3.6

PLEASE help im going crazy and i would really want to use my faders, and transport controls (None of them light up by the way when connected)

Thanks! - Nate
Old 12-06-2013, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Axiom 61 (2nd Gen) Nothing works but the keyboard?

the drivers are out of date . M-audio are promising to to update the drivers by the end of the year so that hypercontrol will work in later versions of PT 10 (eg 10.3.7) and 11.

ps my hypercontrol worked fine when I had the 10.0.1 version ..., after that ....., nada