Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Pro tools says Files Missing but they\'re NOT missing....

Hi, ive got a problem....

After importing files to a new session via the file->import->audio command, PT loses track of them and i have to relink the files everytime. When i import files, i first copy them to the session Audio Files folder, so the files are definitely there. Everything works smoothly in the session i import the files, but everytime after that if i open the session, a PT dialog box pops up and tells me 'Files Missing'! So, i select to manually search for them by name, which works, and then i commit the links to these newly refound 'missing files' that are still in the Audio Files folder. Maybe its important to note, the 'Relink' manager cannot find the missing files by id, it can only find them by name which may imply PT cannot form a permanent link to the file ids and therefor losses track of them. im not using any pluggins in this session. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

PT 7.3 waves 5 pluggins and isotope 3
toshiba satellite 2.4 ghz p4 laptop
512 mb ram windows xp sp2
Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Pro tools says Files Missing but they\'re NOT missing....

Bump - has no one experienced pro tools loosing track and 'missing' the files after importing them?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 PM

I'm having a similar problem, so I'll be watching this thread. I'm trying to restore a session from a DVD so I can run a track mix. I mixed the session with PTHD on a mac, because it had mixed files types, wavs and sd2, and my PTLE rig on a PC wouldn't load it up. I made an archive DVD from the firewire drive on my PC, and I'm trying to restore from that DVD now, but some of the file types won't restore with an extension that PTHD will read. So it's telling me that I have missing audio files, even though I see the file names in the audio folder. But the "get info" on the mac says that they're text files. Any hints to go along with thread would be helpful.

Thanks,
studiogorilla
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Pro tools says Files Missing but they\'re NOT missing.... *DELETED*

Post deleted by studiogorilla
Old 06-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Okay, i have a work around, when i import the files if i select to COPY them instead of ADDING them, PT reconverts the files (as if the bit rates were different - but, in this case they're not) creating new files and then the session never looses track of them anymore. Maybe this will help with studiogorilla's problem as well, or in his case, it sounds like PT doesnt know the file type so loading new drivers to protools to support that file type might be helpful. the fact windows doesnt know that file type (ie. tries to open it as text) probably doesnt mean much. ideally, going back to the mac os and standardizing the file types to waves first might be helpful - anyway those are just guesses, im new to this....