Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Mbox playback garbled... digital noise

Try going to Setups>hardware setups then changing the clock source from internal to SPDIF and pressing OK. (or vice versa if you had it already set to SPDIF) Then go back in and change it back to the way you had it.

It worked for me.

good luck
Old 02-21-2003, 01:24 PM

Thanks Gunnar, I'll try it out and let you know if it works!

cheers,
KR
Old 02-22-2003, 12:28 AM

Default Mbox playback garbled... digital noise

[i erroneously posted this to the windows forum already... sorry]

Hi all,

Have had an MBox for appx. 1 month - it's worked perfectly (for recording and processing/editing, platform: Mac G4 Titanium Powerbook) 'til last night. Suddenly (after a crash caused by another program) the playback for any session has become garbled digital noise, although it clearly retains the rhythm and flow of the original audio files.

It's hard to describe the audio, but it sounds like a low-level, watery, digital noise that is roughly approximating the original audio of the file. My guess is that the problem is with the MBox, and the way it is reading the audio data.

I rebooted the system dozens of times. Also tried reconnecting Mbox at different points in startup/loading of software. Have tried playback of various different sessions. Have bounced a session to disk as an .aiff file and have found it plays back fine through quicktime.

Disappointingly, I called customer service and got a recording telling me to call back another time (which was actually the time I was calling - 8:30 am PST) and have scoured the user conferences to find some postings on this problem - nothing seems to match this. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed at the poor customer service; this unit is still under warranty!

I am in the middle of a professional recording project that I need to move ahead on this weekend - someone please help!!

-KR
Old 02-22-2003, 10:36 AM

last note to gunnar: it worked like a charm. thanks. i hope this exchange will be useful to others who might have this problem...

kr