Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM

Default Re: A.I.R Instrument Expansion Pack Upgrade Pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
The chance to set things right.
Yes, that's the reality. Things might have gotten quiet but most haven't forgotten.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:27 AM

If there is a substantial dot release by summer NAMM with some of the features that have been begged for over the last decade we may pull through.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rey View Post
Just curious. Who else on here is still holding-out on buying the upgrade to the expansion pack?
I am holding out.

Quote:
I, for one, will not spend a penny more until Avid fix the current ridiculous pricing scheme to upgrade. All I want is a points system where the more registered VI's you own, the more of a discount you're given. It would be very easy to implement. If it means that Avid were never to adjust it, then that just means I won't be purchasing their expansion pack ever. I will just invest my money to comparable software companies(such as native instruments) where the price to upgrade is more fair.
Agreed. How can you have an upgrade path and only allow to upgrade from one product in the suite, not multiple products? Avid should have a look around and see how SoundToys, Waves and the like do things.

Quote:
Would it be my loss or Avid's loss?
If more people, like me, do not purchase the upgrade.. I'd lean more towards the latter.
Avid are losing out right now. I assume they think by only allowing to upgrade from one instrument the will make more $$$ than those of us with more who are holding off.

Regards,
Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
I stopped buying from them. .....
Anything else I have bought has been generic in the sense that I can use it on PT as well as most other platforms.

I am hopeful about the future of PT.. I just think it's going to take a long time.. If Reaper or Logic really decide to try and bury PT the industry will be better off for it.. avid will either step up or get left behind.. but the quality of product available to the customer will improve regardless.
I don't buy anything AVID for myself, nor do I recommend PT any longer to anybody.

THEY have to restore the confidence!
I don't believe that they see in their corporate ivory tower the amount of damage they have done to their own business.
The loss of customer confidence is about the worst thing that can happen.
(See Toyota)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Right now, I can bide my time and wait to see... a luxury that some DUC'ers don't have.

Personally, I hope avid gets it sorted.. and quickly. The time for listening has gone. It's time to act.
+1000