Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-21-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Offline bounce

Can it really be true the Pro tools Le can´t bounce offline!!???
I´m used to working with Cubase and Ableton Live where it´s been like that for ages.
I was told that the new version 7,3 has fixed the problem but I can´t seem to find anything about it anywhere.
anybody?
Regards
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce

That's true.

The only time this has really been a problem for me is when editing long narrations, such as hour-long seminar recordings, etc. For a 4 minute song, it might save a minute or so based on my experience with Logic, and often the client wants to listen to the bounce anyways. However, it certainly would be useful for bouncing down 10 minute or longer pieces, and it's a royal pain for editing a bunch of hour-long seminar recordings. I export the files into Logic (once editing is complete) when I have those types of projects.

FWIW, Digi's "claim" on this is that a real-time bounce will give you better fidelity. I don't buy it though. A legitimate reason to bounce real-time would be if you have external synths or any external device (compressor, reverb, etc).

I think the real reason you can't do it is because you CAN'T bounce off-line in the HD/TDM world (TDM is an "external" system), and Digi sure doesn't want their "low-end" system to have a feature not available with HD.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.