Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-1999, 03:47 PM

Default Media Composer to Protools

Hi,
I'm syncing rushes on Protools 3, laying back to Beta, then bringing it all to a media Composer system for the cut. The question is what to do when I go back to protools for the final sound edit. Source is from nagra and DAT and has been digitized in 1 session per Beta layback tape. I can back up to DLT or send it back to DAT to reconform from later. Does anyone have experience in the best way to route this? I have postconform and am running Media Composer 7.02.Is there a way to merge the already digitized media (from DLT) with the material needed from a cut list from AVID? 2nd question: Do I need an EDL or can I just import my sequence and let protools figure it out? Any experience in this area would be appreciated. Thanks...Paralaxilly...ROZ
Old 01-22-1999, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Media Composer to Protools

Hi Roz
Sorry to be boring but I think the safest way is probably to lay off your session to DAT and use the EDL from the picture cut and Post-Conform this. It seems safer to try and use original media (ie: the new DAT tape that represents the mirror coy of the Beta Tape's soundtrack) rather than relink the files you already have from your syncing pass. Plus this way you can also save on storage space by vaping the old media and only taking in what is needed from the cut.

Cheers