Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2003, 03:05 PM

Default adding hardware delay after the fact

Greetings. I've got three stereo tracks that are already recorded and I wish to add digital delay to the tracks by means of an external Lexicon hardware device. I've been trying to intuit my way through this all morning, but it's too much for my limited brain cells. How would I best route things to add this hardware delay to the existing stereo tracks? thanks a lot.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Re: adding hardware delay after the fact

Flyer,

You didn't mention what "box" you are using. I use a 001. Too bad you haven't heard from someone who actually might have done this because I would like to know the best way too... but here goes a guess...

I'm a guitar guy so I have a pod pro here at the studio. I have had success running dry tracks out to the pod and back into PT thru the spdif ins and outs. You didn't mention if your Lexicon has spidif but if it does you might try running a dry track out spidif to your lex then back into "a new track". Just record enable a new track and input the spidif output from your lex. Then you can color it any way you want but it will be "printed" to disc. Then mute your original tracks to hear the difference etc...

I don't really know for sure - just noticed nobody answered you for a while and I'm trying to help. I'll try this sometime myself to see how it might work.

Good luck
Mike
Old 03-05-2003, 06:11 PM

Default Re: adding hardware delay after the fact

Thanks for replying, Mike. I do have an 001. My problem is further complicated by the fact that I basically bypass the blue box, using a Rosetta to go in optically, and a DAC1 to go out, via s/pdif. So the ins and outs are too complicated for me to figure out. Trying to use the Lexicon, which doesn't have s/pdif's, caused my session to crash and it made all my audio playback too fast, as it was apparantly clocking to the Lexicon. I've given up, and will probably re-record the parts, using a digital delay pedal to actually record the parts going in. thanks again.