Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2016, 04:49 AM

Default Strangest Thing HDN TB / Symphony

Ok this is weird... I just tried hooking up my Omni to use as a monitoring situation using my symphony to feed a summing mixer.

Now my Symphony won't pass audio out channels 3 and 4 in HD mode. no meters no audio.

If i put it into USB mode i get audio on these channels so the card isn't fried.

just wont work on 3 and 4 and my guess is some command with omni and hardware speaker monitoring got confused in the symphony's relays... i've seen something similar happen between switching between usb and hd mode on the symphony using pro tools. very painful interface to deal with if switching between rigs that is for sure...

What was different was i put the omni into monitoring inputs 1 and 2 and set it up for 2 speaker sets (1,2 main 3,4 alt)

It was after doing this and trying to get audio out the 3rd and 4th pair of the symphony that i hit trouble.

I've noticed that symphony always seems to get the short end of the stick if anything is going to get routing issues with new release of hd it's going to be the symphony... i guess that something to do with relays has been confused on the digilink port and not in hd mode my symphony won't work on channels 3 and 4.

Has anyone experienced such a weird thing and have a fix?

Tried resetting, even going in and undoing the omni mentoring settings with different devices on different ports but the problem remains..

hope this makes sense to someone..

What i was doing was swapping i/o devices on the port 1 / port 2 to figure out if i wanted to integrate omni or just use symphony on it's own and use omni as standalone monitor controller.....
Old 12-14-2016, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Strangest Thing HDN TB / Symphony

Didn't read through all the details of your post (confusing as hell without being there ), but I do know that my Symphony CANNOT be the "main" or first interface connected or else things don't work. I have the Symphony, an Avid HD I/O 16x16 and a 96 I/O, and even though I view the Symphony as my main interface, it's actually last in line and seen as HD I/O #2.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.