Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Sad about loss of Pro Control in PT11

I loved my pro control too. I've used every controller out there and thought the pro control was the best, until I tried the artist controllers. I switched to a control, mix, mix, transport. Wow it's a powerful combination. Faders are not as nice but everything else is better plug some totally unique eucon features you can't get on any avid control surface. You guys should really try it! You can't just give the combo a few days. It took me a few months to figure out all the great stuff and I'm still learning new tricks. For me the artist line is a very very good replacement for my trusty pro control.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM

indeed , they won΄t work in Pro Tools 11 ,however surprisingly the Control 24 will but is not supported, also the blue interfaces seem to work but again not supported.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:35 AM

I'd be more than happy with 'not supported' ! :)

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 04-11-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
indeed , they won΄t work in Pro Tools 11 ,however surprisingly the Control 24 will but is not supported, also the blue interfaces seem to work but again not supported.
That is most likely because Control 24 owners are not likely candidates to purchase Icons and ProControl facilities most likely are.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Give us back ProControl in 11 petition !

Are there any specific technical reasons because this beautiful machine will no longer work in 11 ? Anything related to 64 bit (would seem to me kinda weird...) ?
Please Avid write a little bit more code and make your PC users still happy !
Just the basic functions would suffice (faders, pans, mutes, solos), forget about plugins control and other amenities if it's too difficult...
Thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 04:08 PM

Sorry to interfere BUT is the D-Command ES 32 ch we own 10-12 yrs old? We did get a Very Very nice price (circa $10.599) for 32 ch ES and we just sold our PC 24 faders for $3300 so there are a few studios who really love the PC as did we. After using our new D-Command 32 ES I can relate to what you guys are talking about, The faders and funktions aswell as overall feel of the Pro Control IS much nicer than the ES atleast what we think. The faders on our PC were perfectly balanced and felt "more expensive and fly :)) so even though we got 3300 USD for it and believe me, it looked USED, we miss it!!! Would Never have sold it if it wasn't killed off completely in PT11HD and we need 32 ch faders so we got the D-Command ES for 10.599 USD which was the ONLY reason we sold the PC. We still have a surround module for sale should anyone close to Sweden be interested. Sadly we will not get more than $100-150 Max for it but that's the way the cookie crumbles nowadays

I was talking to Avid reps today @messe2013 #FMM2013 and they told me after lot's of prying that the Pro Control "might start & be used for basic stuff" like faders and volume and maybe a few more operations but NOT more if it starts up on my Mac Pro so maybe we should have waited to see when 11 HD ships and please don't take this as it "will" work but as maybe you can atleast try when PT11 comes around if you don't need to sell it before. My worry as to why we sold our PC was that we might not get even a few hundred bux for it should it turn out not to work at all in PT11HD so maybe it is not worth the risk of keeping yours if it is a money issue. I do really agree and I do feel your plight and hope that someone do take a few stabs at getting the old ProControls to atleast work somewhat OK in PT11. If anyone start a thread I am in to help you guys keep your awesome machines a little while longer.

It would really be a Huge shame if a $25K+ hardware would all of a sudden be worthless in a new DAW but sadly it has happened before and now with the "Ye' Old Bluey's" so lets hope for a solution to this.
Count me in to help :)

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Sorry to interfere BUT is the D-Command ES 32 ch we own 10-12 yrs old? We did get a Very Very nice price (circa $10.599) for 32 ch ES and we just sold our PC 24 faders for $3300 so there are a few studios who really love the PC as did we. After using our new D-Command 32 ES I can relate to what you guys are talking about, The faders and funktions aswell as overall feel of the Pro Control IS much nicer than the ES atleast what we think. The faders on our PC were perfectly balanced and felt "more expensive and fly :)) so even though we got 3300 USD for it and believe me, it looked USED, we miss it!!! Would Never have sold it if it wasn't killed off completely in PT11HD and we need 32 ch faders so we got the D-Command ES for 10.599 USD which was the ONLY reason we sold the PC. We still have a surround module for sale should anyone close to Sweden be interested. Sadly we will not get more than $100-150 Max for it but that's the way the cookie crumbles nowadays

Chris

Chris this is what I felt too (and what many resellers also told me), the faders on the PC are far superior to all the newer Avid controllers.
If PC will be unusable on PT11 I am seriously considering the new multitouch Steven Slate controllers (especially the 3,500$ 27", should be released this summer).
Old 04-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
Chris this is what I felt too

If PC will be unusable on PT11 I am seriously considering the new multitouch Steven Slate controllers (especially the 3,500$ 27", should be released this summer).
Hi

I am soo exited for the new Raven MTX but were did you see the pricing? I am looking at the 46" screens but I don't know the exact price points and where and when we can buy them. Do you have any Links to prices and release dates?

Thanks in advance
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-13-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

I am soo exited for the new Raven MTX but were did you see the pricing? I am looking at the 46" screens but I don't know the exact price points and where and when we can buy them. Do you have any Links to prices and release dates?

Thanks in advance
Chris
I should resume the links somewhere but there is a lot of threads on GS and videos on YT, the 46" is said to cost around 15-17k depending on options. If you can't find info I'll gather the links
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
I should resume the links somewhere but there is a lot of threads on GS and videos on YT, the 46" is said to cost around 15-17k depending on options. If you can't find info I'll gather the links
Thank you Steve Galante

I am heading to Youtube next :) I am really stoked about the 46" and if it will stay at around 15-16K we WILL be the first in Sweden to get it :) Looks soo sleek and beautiful so hopefully it is on the way to us soon.

Cheers
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————