Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Alesis Desk through Pro Tools

I'm trying to run an Alesis Multimix 12USB desk into Pro Tools 9 and for some reason, Pro Tools won't pick up the desk as an input. It uses the desk as an output for sound, but won't pick any levels up when recording in.

Does anybody know how to configure this? I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Alesis Desk through Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRiot View Post
I'm trying to run an Alesis Multimix 12USB desk into Pro Tools 9 and for some reason, Pro Tools won't pick up the desk as an input. It uses the desk as an output for sound, but won't pick any levels up when recording in.

Does anybody know how to configure this? I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks.
Hi,

Have you gone to the hardware setup page and assigned the inputs for your interface? Would be something like analogue 1/2 etc. then in pro tools those inputs should show in the inputs menu.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Hmmm, when I go into hardware setup, I only get an option of the ASIO drivers I installed earlier on (asiosforall). When I click on there, it doesn't let me do anything really - just tells me that Pro Tools needs to restart to configure the changes :/
Old 11-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRiot View Post
Hmmm, when I go into hardware setup, I only get an option of the ASIO drivers I installed earlier on (asiosforall). When I click on there, it doesn't let me do anything really - just tells me that Pro Tools needs to restart to configure the changes :/
Hi,

You are in the playback engine settings!! That's where you set the Asio driver! Asioforall is basic and could be part of your problem, is there not an Alesis driver available?

The outputs need to be assigned in the Hardware setup page, which is a different page from the playback engine page.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Hi,

I've opened the Hardware setup page and it now says that the USB connection is active, but I still can't seem to find it when looking at a channel's I/O settings - I'm still getting the same problem It still says it is going through the computer rather than the desk!

I've emailed Alesis about any missing drivers as they have none on their website for my desk for some reason.