Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 AM

Default CPTK upgrade question

Sorry all.......there's so many threads discussing the good vs bad of losing CPTK that I don't have time to scan it all. I'll decide on my own how I proceed with it but in the meantime I have a question. Since to move to PT11 at all for me means a new computer (original non-64 bit MacPro) and possibly a new I/O (OO22r) in addition to the move to HD to keep CPTK functions, is there a time limit that's been specified or known to the CPTK upgrade? If I stay with PT at all (which isn't looking hopeful), I'd hate to do all that upgrading to find the deal to upgrade CPTK to HD11 expired the day earlier. Thanks for any info.....
Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM

Default Re: CPTK upgrade question

Whatever has already been stated is not concrete. Avid is looking at ways to change this upgrade deal due to the enormous negative feedback.

So you'll need to be a little patient.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 AM

As nst7 says, its pointless to regurgitate here the information and the various (mis)interpretations that have been aired over a number of threads.

Avid Marketing say they'll be able to tell us more over the next couple of weeks, so best just sit back and wait.

If PT11 isn't shipping til around the end of May (some reckon the 28th, though I'm not clear how robust that rumour is) then we have the best part of six weeks before it will become critical.

Of course, you know what's going to happen then ... assuming Avid responds with a plan that results in all or most of us deciding to upgrade, we'll be at the back of the queue for stock, because we won't have placed our orders as soon as the people who aren't hanging around waiting for the new plan.

Still, at least the bugs will have been ironed out by the time we get our copies ;-)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM

I was wondering the exact same thing. I will be upgrading to 11 at some point, the question is when. Being a CPTK owner, knowing if the upgrade to 11HD is a limited time offer or ongoing offer is important.

Avid when you finally sort all this out, please be sure to address this.