Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-03-2017, 05:35 PM

Default The Scream: $29 analog modeled stomp box distortion plug-in from Cytomic

https://cytomic.com/scream
The Scream
"WARNING - PRODUCT IN PUBLIC BETA! The Scream is an analog modeled stomp box distortion plug-in based on the classic green Tube Screamer pedal. It uses the same high quality algorithms used in circuit simulators, but optimised to run much faster, and features a gorgeous fully scalable user interface. It is a full discrete component model of the original, with modified Boyle macro modelled op-amps. All component and model values in the circuit can be edited to customise your tone. Choose LEDs or Germanium diodes to create asymmetric clipping combinations, chain any number of diodes in series or even bypass them altogether and let the op-amp do the clipping - the possibilities are endless!"

Try the Demo
https://cytomic.com/scream#scream-downloads

“Trial our plugins now, they have full audio quality and absolutely no obligations. You can even save your settings and if you unlock the full version load them again.”

Last edited by unkJE; 11-03-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: "to fit"
Old 11-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Default Re: The Scream: $29 analog modeled stomp box distortion plug-in from (“The Glue”) Cyt

I love it, here is a comparison between my TS9 with the 808 mod and a preset that Andrew created to match my pedal. I haven't used the real pedal even once since I did this comparison:
https://youtu.be/J64L9BrY-oU
Old 11-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Default Re: The Scream: $29 analog modeled stomp box distortion plug-in from Cytomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I love it, here is a comparison between my TS9 with the 808 mod and a preset that Andrew created to match my pedal. I haven't used the real pedal even once since I did this comparison:
https://youtu.be/J64L9BrY-oU
Thanks for posting!

Heaps of variety - tons of Presets - looks like a winner (probably will do a lot better than just staying afloat in a sea of competitors) ....
Old 11-04-2017, 05:23 AM

Default Re: The Scream: $29 analog modeled stomp box distortion plug-in from Cytomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Thanks for posting!

Heaps of variety - tons of Presets - looks like a winner (probably will do a lot better than just staying afloat in a sea of competitors) ....
I'm hoping to find time soon to make a proper comparison with the other 8 or 10 ts plugins I have, with properly matched input gain and using the same sample it should be interesting.
You can download the preset of my TS9 from the link on the video description.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:12 AM

When testing try it against the mercuriall free one and let us know how it goes:

https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_freestuff

Join the Facebook Pro Tools Windows User Group
Old 11-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post
When testing try it against the mercuriall free one and let us know how it goes:

https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_freestuff
I will, that was my go to not long ago.