Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-07-2016, 05:46 AM

Default Correct Config for 2 Workstations?

Hi,

I just can't find a way to properly configure the Eucon control settings for using one Artist Control with two PCs on the same LAN.

The setup:

- PC1, PC2 & Artist Control on the same private LAN (192.168.0.x / 255.255.255.0) using fixed IP addresses
- Latest Eucon Control software running on both PCs : 3.4.0

The Symptoms:

All Eucon enabled apps on PC1 are recognized by the Artist Control which adapts to the app in focus, but can't do the same with PC2, EXCEPT if Eucon driver is disabled on PC1 (in such case, all PC2 apps are working fine with the Control). I think I tried every combination in the 'Worstations' tab, enabling external workstations on both PCs, then only one, then tried all attached/detached combinations..

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Thomas

Last edited by Classik; 06-15-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Correct Config for 2 Workstations?

Bump
Old 06-28-2016, 01:20 AM

I don't think the artists have multiple DAW support. You can connect multiple controllers to one DAW or multiple controllers to separate DAWs on the same network but you can not connect the same controller to multiple DAWs. That's something the S6 and Icons can do.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:08 AM

You have to install EuControl on one PC and on the other PC(s) Eucon_Workstation (in folder "Extras") – not the Main EuControl!
Old 06-29-2016, 08:18 AM

Well it sounds so easy now that you mention it... Many thanks for the tip, but honestly, is it just me to find it weird hiding this app in the 'Extra' folder..? There is even not a single mention of the workstation version in the EUCON Application Setup pdf http://connect.euphonix.com/document...Setup_v2_6.pdf !!

Anyway, thanks again, I'll try that asap.

Best,
Thomas
Old 11-08-2017, 02:27 AM

Hi Thomas,

Did you have any success with this? I am trying to do a similar thing, but can't seem to get the Artist Mix to address two machines simultaneously (only one Assign at a time at the moment...)

I have tried using Workstation on one machine, but can't figure out what combination of checkboxes to use, and of course there's no info in the manual!
Old 11-08-2017, 03:02 AM

Hi,

Yes I did, although I'm now using the Artist to control one PC only. If I remember well the trick was to install the 'Euconworkstation exe' on the secondary PC instead of the standard Eucon driver. You'll find the exe in the 'Extras' subdirectory..

Hope it helps,
Thomas
Old 11-08-2017, 03:09 AM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick reply. I've got Workstation up and running on the second machine (albeit on Mac) but not sure how to configure it so the Artist Mix sees it when connected to the first computer. Do you have to switch on 'Enable as External Workstation' in the Workstation window?

Apologies I appreciate you may not remember as it was so long ago!!

Essentially trying to get two DAWs to drop into record when I hit record on the Artist Mix.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:13 AM

I must confess I don't remember all the details, so my best recommendation would be to try all combinations until it works, sorry.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:42 AM

No worries, Thomas!

I just discovered on another forum that you can't run the installers for both EuControl AND Workstation, it's either use your secondary machine as a secondary machine without EuControl, or get a new machine just for that. Problem solved.