Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default > Help with my confusing live PT setup

My band records at home with PT and an MBox. We're a pretty interesting mix of sounds, but feature relatvely heavy guitars along with a good amount of electronics, etc.

ANYWAY... when we play live I have a session running with one stereo track with all the sequenced material, and another track with Reason coming through ReWire. I play Reason live with my usb midi controller.

So basically I have to bring my MBox to shows to have it sitting on top if the rack (because of its awkward shape and size), and all that... I'm just looking for a better, less-likely-to-crash kind of setup. Something a little less complicated maybe.

Anyone?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: > Help with my confusing live PT setup

You would net an amazing increase in versatility if you upgrade to a DIGI002(or the rack version). Wouldn't it be nice to have instruments on seperate tracks for mixing? Plus the 002R mounts very neatly in a standard rack.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-02-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: > Help with my confusing live PT setup

Hmmmm, not quite sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting your set-up is crashing, or just that you're worried about it crashing? If you want to play Reason live, then you're going to need some kind of audio interface (unless you simply use the internal audio interface of your Power/iBook) and the Mbox isn't really much different in size and shape from others.

Perhaps the most solid set-up would be to have the backing on minidisc and play a hardware synth, but this may not give you the sounds/interactivity you want.

It sounds, to me, like you have a fairly simple set-up. A 002R with multiple outputs certainly won't be any simpler. You could always fine a way of mounting your gear in a case, with everything connected and ready to go?