Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2016, 07:07 AM

Default 12.5 access to session in cloud

So, I uploaded an existing session to the cloud after saving a copy of it as a "project" from my home studio. Came in to work this morning, logged into my account with my home studio credentials and could see the session as a project that I could open from the work computer. Task manager opens and says, "failed: Bundle upload not complete" Pro Tools says "There was a problem downloading project". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I thought you would be able to access projects from anywhere. All the tracks from the session at home uploaded to the cloud and the session completed upload before I saved and quit.

home studio-mac el capitan, pro tools 12.5 vanilla
work studio-mac tower, osx 10.8.5 pro tools hd 12.5
Old 03-29-2016, 08:27 AM

Default Re: 12.5 access to session in cloud

I had this happen once. The only way to fix it was to delete the online project and start over. In my case, I interrupted the upload the first time, and apparently it didn't resume the next time I opened it?

Anyway, on my second attempt, I waited until all tracks were finished in task manager, then closed the session and PT, waiting for the upload to finish.

Then Everything seemed to be fine.

System Details
Old 03-29-2016, 02:37 PM

This is from the latest documentation for 12.5. Though it says forWindows, it probably applies to Macs as well.

Disconnecting from the internet or closing a project during project synchronization can result in failed project synchronization.
(PT-202643)
To prevent potential synchronization with projects, do not disrupt the project synchronization while it is in progress. Avoid disconnecting
from the internet, turning off WiFi, shutting your laptop, or quitting Pro Tools during this time. To monitor the progress of project
synchronization, choose Window > Task Manager.
After opening a project that has not completely uploaded, you will need to reboot your computer to continue working on the
project. (PT-202615)
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 03-30-2016, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I interrupted the upload before finishing. I re-uploaded the project to success. Now I have a new issue. I accepted a project from a friend on my work computer. Collaboration worked fine BUT when I logged into my home computer to continue working on the project, it's not there. I'm logging in with the same credentials but it seems that the projects are machine specific? I understand there's a local session cache stored on the computer but since I work between two workstations, why am I limited to access to the project from the workstation I joined the project from originally?