Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2012, 05:29 AM

Thumbs down Windows 8 Support?

Hi all,

I just got Avid Recording Studio (Pro Tools® SE recording software and M-Audio® Fast Track® audio interface).

I faced lots of problems like delaying and DAE errors when trying to run Pro Tools SE on Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I was wondering, will we got an update for Windows 8 on Pro Tools SE and M-Audio FAST Track driver?

This is too bad because latest update on M-Audio FASt Track was on 2010!

Thanks in advance,
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Windows 8 Support?

I wrote to Avid Support. I'll let you know with the details.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 AM

PT 10HD has not yet been approved for windows 8, so you'll have to be patient. Once pt hd and regular pt 10 is approved for 8 you'll see the same for se.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm guessing it may be months. Truthfully I have no idea. I suspect that since Win8 pretty much offers the "Pro" user little if nothing over win7 that qualifying Win8 isnt going to be giant priority. Also if its not running well on Win 7 its unlikely its going run better on win8

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM

Yeah months - look into a dual boot setup if ur in a hurry

I just upgraded to win8 for my kids computer and its a nightmare (old mobo I had laying around) b/c I can't get the driver loaded for the LAN port. - very few manufactures have released drivers for win8 (at least from what I have seen) I had an extra Dlink Ethernet card (pci) and they don't have the win drivers out yet either
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 AM

I got a reply from Avid. It says;

Thank you for contacting Avid Support.

Unfortunately at the moment there is no version compatible with Windows 8. Our engineers are working for a future patch/upgrade that will qualify Pro Tools for Windows 8.

Regarding Windows 7, the Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 is qualified for Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32 & 64-bit) including Service Pack 1.

But, it's not working fine on my Windows 7 x64bit SP1 Home Premium even If I don't run as XP Service pack 3 mode and run as administrator.

Interesting.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taWsan View Post

But, it's not working fine on my Windows 7 x64bit SP1 Home Premium even If I don't run as XP Service pack 3 mode and run as administrator.

Interesting.
Read the help us help you -read this before posting, thread and do everything that is listed in it, including posting the sandra report.

Wave-T.com
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM

HI,
just got a Fast Track C600 with Pro Tool SE.
Tried to install on Windows 8 (32 bit).

Setup was quite complex, I had to download all latest drivers for the C600 and I had to download and install anti-piracy drivers separately (before installing Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 from the original CD).

Doing this way, installation succeeded. The C600 console is working and pro Tools SE starts and seems to work.

Anyway, I am not able to get my MIDI keyobard working.
I have no previous experience with MIDI.
I tried to connect my Yamaha PSR-5700 MIDI OUT to the C600 MIDI IN and I was expecting to see my keyboard in Pro Tools options.
I can see only m-audio Keyboard in the dropdown and there is no communication between the keyboard and Pro Tools.

Anyone can help?
thank you very much in advance...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco.e.riva View Post
HI,
just got a Fast Track C600 with Pro Tool SE.
Tried to install on Windows 8 (32 bit).

Setup was quite complex, I had to download all latest drivers for the C600 and I had to download and install anti-piracy drivers separately (before installing Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 from the original CD).

Doing this way, installation succeeded. The C600 console is working and pro Tools SE starts and seems to work.

Anyway, I am not able to get my MIDI keyobard working.
I have no previous experience with MIDI.
I tried to connect my Yamaha PSR-5700 MIDI OUT to the C600 MIDI IN and I was expecting to see my keyboard in Pro Tools options.
I can see only m-audio Keyboard in the dropdown and there is no communication between the keyboard and Pro Tools.

Anyone can help?
thank you very much in advance...
As I've said in the post just before yours. Also, start a new thread with your own problem so that people don't get mixed up. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Read the help us help you -read this before posting, thread and do everything that is listed in it, including posting the sandra report.

Wave-T.com