Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Nothing new for 11R

Any news from Avid regarding the 11R? Is anybody home? I love my 11R but with nothing new on the horizon, Seems the Axe FX II is beginning to haunt me as a reality I have to face.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Nothing new for 11R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalala View Post
Any news from Avid regarding the 11R? Is anybody home? I love my 11R but with nothing new on the horizon, Seems the Axe FX II is beginning to haunt me as a reality I have to face.
Ex-ElevenRack user here. I browse this forum from time to time for nostaglic reasons. I liked my 11R and the team involved in making it seemed like good guys, I suppose I'm still rooting for the underdog, in a way.

Went Axe 2 in January. Since then, over a dozen new amps added, new wah models, overdrive models reworked, scenes funtionality added, new cabinet IRs added, user IR slots doubled, numerous bug fixes, updated modelling, reworked reverb, OS X driver issue resolved, numbers versions of Fractal Bot, and Axe Edit reboot on the way. Among other things. That's more improvements in the last 6 months than I had dared to dream or could have even imagined. Not only does it sound great to begin with, but the bells and whistles are coming fast and furious. I have not looked back once.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 AM

I wonder what Avid would have CHARGED for all that?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Meanwhile, Line 6 just came out with yet another new product, the HD500X floor model. It appears to replace the current HD500 floor model, but I'm confused as to what little new features were added.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Meanwhile, Line 6 just came out with yet another new product, the HD500X floor model. It appears to replace the current HD500 floor model, but I'm confused as to what little new features were added.
i think they just raised the processing power to fill that "out of dsp power" problem.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspaulsp View Post
I wonder what Avid would have CHARGED for all that?
Hehe, I get your point, but in all fairness, when you buy the Axe FX those upgrades are already paid for...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
More processing power (double I think), better switches and leds.
I'm sure there might be some more but it really is just a slight upgrade that replaces the old version.
It'll probably entice some new buyers to go POD HD and some of the previous owners might swap their old ones for the new version.

As far as I can tell there are no new algorithms which would have been interesting.

I own the Desktop version and it actually is a really nice thing, takes a bit more of fiddling to make it sound really good compared to the Eleven Rack that just sounds good almost all the time.
Line 6 have some really nice algos on that unit.

Edit: spelling

Last edited by Tony-N; 07-12-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-N View Post
[...] better switches and leds. [...]
Says Line6. Again. These haven't yet stood the test of time.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 PM

I have the HD500 and I loved it until I got my Eleven. Initially it might seem that the gap is not that wide in the modeling, but if you listen and compare, the gap is really big in realism in favor of the Eleven. Eleven amps react more like the real amp and sound more defined. I've done extensive testing a the same level by recording and normalizing. Eleven is way ahead , I no longer use the HD. Wth the HD500x I was hoping for improvement in the Algos, but unfortunately they're the same as those in my HD500. HD is definitely playable and you get some good sounds, but they pale in comparison to what you can get with Eleven, At least for me...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-N View Post
Hehe, I get your point, but in all fairness, when you buy the Axe FX those upgrades are already paid for...
In all fairness, I think it paid for the hundreds of Amps, Effects, Mics, and Cabs plus the improved output and processing power. But if you want to think it paid for updates, that's cool.