Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 AM

Default Whats up with Digi plug installers?

I noticed my desk is telling me (under Options > Plug-ins > select a plug) that "A newer version of this plugin is available" and then when I go thru all the trouble of downloading and installing it it's still the same "old" version that reports about new version being out.

And second question is, where is Fairchild installer?? It kind of should be a part of Classic Compressors Bundle http://www.avid.com/US/products/Clas...ressors-Bundle , but VENUE installer installs only two plugins out of this bundle!?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Whats up with Digi plug installers?

As it turns out The Legendary™ AVID website has old installers, DVD's that come with the Venue systems (at least V3.1 do) have newer plugin installers on them. Avid website team , you rock... not.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Avid

Hi,

The VENUEpack installers are always available as downloads. See here.

This might be preferable to downloading individual plug-ins, at least until the web gets tidied up. We'll review what's posted, and you could help by providing the specifics of which plug-ins you specifically ran into issues with.

Sheldon
Old 03-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
Hi,

The VENUEpack installers are always available as downloads. See here.

This might be preferable to downloading individual plug-ins, at least until the web gets tidied up. We'll review what's posted, and you could help by providing the specifics of which plug-ins you specifically ran into issues with.

Sheldon
Thanks, this is good to know. It would be a good idea to include this download link where the plugs are. The desk itself actually points to general Venue plugins page where you can download single plugins and search and find Venue installers among other installers for Mac and Windows Pro Tools. http://www.avid.com/US/categories/Audio-Plug-ins/VENUE

I think all of the single plugin installers have older versions up at Avid.com than they are on the CD that comes with the recent desks. CD has 7.4 versions and site has 7.3, see ReVibe for example: http://www.avid.com/US/products/ReVibe

And for Fairchild I was not able to figure out where to find em at all as they were not in the installer of Classic Compressor Bundle.

PS by no means did I want to sound harsh or anything, but I just wasted some time downloading and installing without knowing whats up, until I got my hands on the disks that came with the desk.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM

Uh and one more thing, it can be confusing to understand what bundle or license is needed for what.. when a user is only using the ilok and plugs that came with the desk then I guess they are fine, but once you start to shuffle licenses around couple of iloks it gets messy real fast. For example I have "BF Fairchild Bundle v4" on my ilok but that will not authorize Fairchild on my Venue!? Also if you look at Classic Compressors Bundle you might think having "BF Classic Compressors v4" on my ilok should take care of all of these plugs but no, I need to also have separate Fairchild 670 license to run Fairchild on the desk.. And then there is Voxe bundle... I have "BF Voce Bundle v4", but Chorus/Vibrato won't authorize on Venue!

stuff like that makes me dizzy
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Avid

sorry about the confusion with this digidesigner.

If some of your BF licenses came from somewhere *other* than the VENUE Pack iLok you could run into problems.

Please see this kbase article for full details and solution:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=406211

Thanks,
-Mike