Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: This is only a test

I am curious about firewire solo compatibility.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:33 PM

-Delta1010 - loaded drivers, and demo, everything was fine

-Delta410 - loaded drivers, and demo, everything was fine
the demo also recognized the midi interface on my us-122 (same machine as 410)

should I put both delta cards in the same machine and see how it works?

TJ
Old 04-12-2005, 01:23 AM

Ok.. So I bought the Firewire Audiophile when It came out and it was real buggy. I ended up keeping it and got an RME interface ((How bout that for a PT front end hahha)). I dL'ed the PT M-Powered demo with the 'Fire family' drivers. All seemed to be good. Sessions I had opened and played at all buffer settings, but then it did what i remember it doing on my PC... all of a sudden , after of working for 5 minutes, drop out..sounds like the audio is going thru a ring modulator!!!!

That rig is : Dell Inspirion 5150 , P4 3.06 ghz 1 gig ram, 5200 rpm internal drive, but all audio is cut to a 7200 rmp firewire drive. Win XP Home SP1

So ..I went further. I took the Audiophile down to my Dual 1 ghz mac and did same test. And it was flawless. Except for the fact I had to un-install my 001 drivers..BOOO!!!

SO, YES! it works. but I gotta sort out this thing on the PC side. Or rather, the Laptop side. Been poking around the net for chipset updates, drivers, and mabey I'll install SP2?

My theory is that the firewire bus is cluttered and the soundcard is losing communication.
I have an internal 4 pin port AND I got a Pcmica Firewire port and have tried EVERY possible combination (HD->Soundcard daisy chained, Soundcard-> HD, one one each port..ect)

I remember e-mailing M-audio tech when I bought it and they said they don't encourage daisychaining firewire components. UM....Hello! That's the only way I can do DAW work on a laptop.

The kicker... The RME (PCMCIA) is the BEST soundcard I've ever had. Stable as hell. Mabey M-audio/Avid will think of us Laptop users and do a Cardbus solution . I need to know that I can get this to work on my laptop before I buy.... Any thoughts? Peace
Old 04-13-2005, 10:51 PM

i got the full version yeserday and it works perfectly with my delta 1010lt
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 PM

Hey Rob

How is it working out for ya? I have a 1010lt too and I was almost sweating it out weather
to buy M-powered for the fear that it would'nt work for the retail version. But I guess
I can put that to rest ;-)

I have to wonder though what kind of support will be offered should a problem arise and
we need support and we dont have a "supported" or "compatable" interface that we're
using with it. Of course, I was planning on getting a AP192 card anyway, I hope that
cascading the two will work. I'm also considering the 1010 card as I understand it is better
quality with 8 balanced I/O. But if they work,then thats a start for considering my options.
PT Mpowered 8.04, Logic 9.1.1
Waves SSL,Omnisphere,Korg Legacy Digital
Absynth 4, EZ Drummer
Project Mix I/O w/ Black Lion Mod
Axiom 61,25, Korg Nano Pad