Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 09-21-2015, 05:17 PM

Default Inexpensive, quiet computer for running ProTools Express on

I am recording audiobooks and VO commercial work, so nothing particularly demanding. I would like to get a dedicated computer to run ProTools Express on, and am fine with buying a refurbished computer, I just am not very good at dealing with computer specs.

Any good suggestions on a computer that will handle my modest needs? The quieter the better.

These are the laptops that Avid says it has tested to run ProTools 10, and looks like I can pick up a refurbished one in the $600-800 range. But is there something newer that maybe runs even quieter because they use less power? Fan noise is my biggest problem, I have a small home studio space made of furniture pads and PVC piping and the fan from my current laptop sounds like a leaf-blower.

HP EliteBook 8570w
Dell Precision M6700
Dell Precision M4700

I know this is old software, but it is perfect for my needs.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Inexpensive, quiet computer for running ProTools Express on

Any good suggestions on a computer that will handle my modest needs? The quieter the better.
Dell insprion 14
I'm using it for design. it runs very stable
this is my product video theme themeforest